Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:58 PM

40 posts, read 44,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you saying that human ancestors looked at a cooked beef and a blueberry and said "I want the blueberry"...

I'm not saying that whatsoever. What I am saying is that during the early days of humanities, humans did not have much of a choice. Despite the fact that I can enjoy meat, I am aware that meat is not necessary to our diet - especially with all of the options today. There is a better way to process meat however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 11:48 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissie2010 View Post
I'm not saying that whatsoever. What I am saying is that during the early days of humanities, humans did not have much of a choice. Despite the fact that I can enjoy meat, I am aware that meat is not necessary to our diet - especially with all of the options today. There is a better way to process meat however.
So you are saying that IF they had a choice... they would go for the blueberry instead of the roasted meat?

Old 05-29-2015, 01:03 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,127,706 times
Quote:
So you are saying that IF they had a choice... they would go for the blueberry instead of the roasted meat?
A better comparison would be roasted meet, and well-seasoned Tofu, since blueberries don't really have protein. And I think their saying that they should go for the tofu for ethical reasons, even if they would have gone for the meat.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:16 PM

40 posts, read 44,396 times
Quote:

I feel like you understand what I am saying but are trying to be difficult. I'm simply stating that we are all aware that our ancestors had to eat meat. Weather conditions complicated gathering other sources of food, and they did not have the advantages that we have today. I'm sure what they would have chosen if given the opportunity, but I do feel that considering how time has changed consuming meat can be viewed differently.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
A better comparison would be roasted meet, and well-seasoned Tofu, since blueberries don't really have protein. And I think their saying that they should go for the tofu for ethical reasons, even if they would have gone for the meat.

I would rather eat a cardboard box than tofu and if you have to have it "well seasoned" to cover the non flavor what is the point?
A good piece of beef does not have to be seasoned or covered with sauce to make it taste good.

In our home it is unethical to even think about eating Tofu let alone actually eat it.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I would rather eat a cardboard box than tofu and if you have to have it "well seasoned" to cover the non flavor what is the point?
A good piece of beef does not have to be seasoned or covered with sauce to make it taste good.

In our home it is unethical to even think about eating Tofu let alone actually eat it.
You've obviously never tasted well-prepared tofu, or poorly prepared meat. My panko crusted tofu with white wine, onion, and caper sauce is to die for. I would rather eat that than dry, unseasoned steak or chicken.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:53 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
if vegans were our ancestors, we'd be extinct

vegans are 2-3 % of the population trying to shame and guilt the 97-98% that eat meat

you use the word ETHICAL,,,how ETHICAL are vegans parents when they starve/malnourish and kill their own kids????????

and how ETHICAL is it ,,,that all the vegans I know are liberals,,,they defend abortion,,,, but yet wont eat a hot dog???? I believe an abortion kills a baby,,,,so I believe that is very unethical,,,,

here is some good reading,,,,,

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...94455598,d.b2w

French vegan couple face jail for child neglect after baby died from vitamin deficiency | Daily Mail Online

Red Meat: It Does a Body Good!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:16 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
I am vegetarian, but I do not think eating meat is unethical. I think the manner and process can be though. I believe in not wasting anything and to do it as humanly as possible.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:57 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
animals eat other animals, thats the basic law of the jungle.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
animals eat other animals, thats the basic law of the jungle.
Animals do a lot of things that would be unethical for humans to do. Some animals eat their own babies. Some animals abandon their babies after they give birth. Animals steal from other animals all the time. Humans do not follow the "Laws of the Jungle". Clearly humans are not the same as other animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy