U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 01:34 AM

11,038 posts, read 4,770,990 times

Advertisements

I personally don't find it easy to hate more then love.

It takes mindfulness and awareness to not slip into a negative frame of mind.

It does not feel good to feel hatred so I avoid that feeling at all costs. I prefer to rise above what ever it is that wants to draw me into negativity.

Some people are conditioned from the time they are born to view the world and others with hatred, religion and politics also seem to bring hatred out of people.

When a person's self-esteem is low it is easy to fall into negativity and sadly most people suffer from low-self esteem.

Life is much more pleasant when you stride through it with peace and love in your heart vs. hate.

It feels so much better to walk around feeling good vs. feeling negative.

That is enough motivation for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 01:36 AM

I know why you wanna hate me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1q30pwEf-A

Old 08-26-2015, 07:56 AM

12,664 posts, read 9,902,262 times
For most of human (pre-)history, life was in tribes, so it's natural to have a tendency to love "within" the group and to hate "other" ("competitor") groups. In today's world, these instincts manifest as patriotism and xenophobia, respectively. In a word: Evolution.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
For most of human (pre-)history, life was in tribes, so it's natural to have a tendency to love "within" the group and to hate "other" ("competitor") groups. In today's world, these instincts manifest as patriotism and xenophobia, respectively. In a word: Evolution.
Evolution in what sense? Certainly not biological evolution.

I think what drives it today is the disgusting media that most can't seem to get enough of. The media is so judgmental and sensationalized with reporting only the negative. Why the masses support this is beyond me especially when you only get the half truth from the media.

Stop watching TV and see how this affects your mind.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:12 PM

16,812 posts, read 11,745,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
It certainly seems as if there is a lot of hate going on in the world, from people killing/torturing others to just plain hate for someone that wronged them.

Yet while it is always said love and forgiveness is the way to go, that seems to be VERY difficult for most. Why is it that humans can hate so easily and so long but loving seems to be an art form you need to learn and master.
there are many degrees of feeling between the end of the spectrum seperating love and hate.
the absence of love is not hate just as the absence of hate is not love.

unfortunately this has been weaponized as a political strategy where only two extreme choices are given.

there is agope love, empathy, kindness, romantic love. Love in its many forms outnumbers all the degrees of hate. Love is shown often as tolerance or kindness and requires no specific visible action. Hate requires an action to be expressed.

So essentially we are surround by the variations of love which exist as 'the silent majority'. Hate is what makes news and is broadcast.

America and Japan fought to the death and are now firends and allies a generation later. Middle east cultures still hold grudges over what one grandfather did to the other grandfather's goat in 100 BC. So know there is a cultural component to what would seem to be a clear dominant universal behavior. Killing someone may be seen as an act of love in some cultures.....insanity in others.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:01 PM

1,069 posts, read 802,019 times
A lot of bitter young men running around the world right now with lots of guns. And most if not all of them have no idea what love is.

Love is something you have to work at. First you have to work on yourself to be the best person you can be. Then hopefully you find love. Love of another individual or may just a passion of sorts. This doesn't fit into the current world picture. Much easier to blame others for shortcomings. Much easier to hate...

"Nothing great in the world was ever created without love"

Old 09-26-2015, 04:31 AM

2,928 posts, read 1,525,758 times
If hate develops through instruction, then does it follow that love must also be taught? Why is one more easier than the other? I believe hating requires less relationship skills. Loving requires more.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:30 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,941,333 times
I really don't understand the current obsession with the word "hate". Hate this, hate that, "hater" which is new term just developed to help with the "hating". I would say the "hate" I hear expressed the most is simply intolerance. The more immature one is the less able they are to tolerant what is often nearly intolerable. Hate has become a much overused word.

Love is just the opposite of hate. I love my job. I love my hair. I love that TV show. I love those boots. Again, the word is diluted to the point that love really means nothing.

Though this thought won't be appreciated by those with hate in their heart, when the country was a more "Godly" place, I do remember those days, the prevalence of the word "hate" and the overuse of the word "love" was simply not that common.

I don't think the reality is that the words are connected to the actual feelings anymore. Actual "hate" is not easier than "love".

Old 09-29-2015, 03:24 PM

8,018 posts, read 6,563,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
A lot of bitter young men running around the world right now with lots of guns. And most if not all of them have no idea what love is.

Love is something you have to work at. First you have to work on yourself to be the best person you can be. Then hopefully you find love. Love of another individual or may just a passion of sorts. This doesn't fit into the current world picture. Much easier to blame others for shortcomings. Much easier to hate...

"Nothing great in the world was ever created without love"
Singling out a group of people in itself is certainly a sign of hate.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:06 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,411,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
It certainly seems as if there is a lot of hate going on in the world, from people killing/torturing others to just plain hate for someone that wronged them.

Yet while it is always said love and forgiveness is the way to go, that seems to be VERY difficult for most. Why is it that humans can hate so easily and so long but loving seems to be an art form you need to learn and master.
I don't think it's easier... I think it takes a heck of a lot more effort to hate.
Effort that could usually be better-spent on something else, for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or