Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:55 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,560,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
It certainly seems as if there is a lot of hate going on in the world, from people killing/torturing others to just plain hate for someone that wronged them.

Yet while it is always said love and forgiveness is the way to go, that seems to be VERY difficult for most. Why is it that humans can hate so easily and so long but loving seems to be an art form you need to learn and master.
with regard to your title - it isn't. It requires far more energy to hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
I can't stop loving. I even continue to love people I shouldn't or ones who have hurt me and don't care. I wish I could hate. Hate is self righteous and justifiable, love isn't. It's sacrifice and compromise and long suffering.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:19 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,675,878 times
Hatred is a response to an irrational sense of fear, for the most part. Fear of others is a growing phenomenon in American society, guns, alarms, and the backlash of a police siege mentality, it all offers up a grim picture of a society living in an unreasonable fear. America was long touted as a "Christian" nation by those who wanted to portray the founders intent as a theological one, but on closer scrutiny we see a nation of people locked into a basic mistrust of one another, hardly the stuff of love and caring.

I couldn't say for sure that it's "easier" to hate than to love, but on it's face love is a thing that connotes trust and that is in short supply these days. In the absence of trust fear begins to seep in, fear of government, fear of foreigners, fear of liberals/conservatives, and a whole lot of fear steeped in our current economic woes. Why are we so distrusting? Is it the fact of propaganda, or are we really living in a country that has changed to the point wherein fear is now a rational and acceptable response?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:41 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood12 View Post
It certainly seems as if there is a lot of hate going on in the world, from people killing/torturing others to just plain hate for someone that wronged them.

Yet while it is always said love and forgiveness is the way to go, that seems to be VERY difficult for most. Why is it that humans can hate so easily and so long but loving seems to be an art form you need to learn and master.
People hate because it is much harder to show indifference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy