Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:32 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,640 times

Advertisements

Now I'm not just talking about a "soulmate" per say, but every so often (very rarely actually) I might run into a stranger somewhere in my life, where there seems to be an automatic connection and understanding that seems deeper on some subconscious level, more so than most casual friendships or even relationships. Often, I find our life paths to be eerily similar. It seems as if this type of person enters and exits briefly in my life, but their message and kinship is never forgotten. Do you feel that there is a reason, other more than mere coincidence that we run into these type of people along our journey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 05:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
everybody will meet somebody that has a very similar perspective on life and body state/signature that resonates with the type they themselves have. Although there are a lot of variations of humans, it is a finite and manageable number.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:47 AM

19,012 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Technically speaking, you do not meet people by an accident.
1. usually, your destiny brings you in contact with ones that you have your - let's call it karma, for simplicity - to be resolved.
2. you draw yourself to or draw others to you as your choice, but this will run along the lines of similarity in thinking. Then thinking will determine your other preferences draw is based upon. To understand how it works, you may want to read up on egregors, which is another word for group thinking.
In a nut shell, encounters with others are not haphazard. Accident as it's understood does not exist. Everything is predetermined by destiny with free will as destiny aligning factor.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:42 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Now I'm not just talking about a "soulmate" per say, but every so often (very rarely actually) I might run into a stranger somewhere in my life, where there seems to be an automatic connection and understanding that seems deeper on some subconscious level, more so than most casual friendships or even relationships. Often, I find our life paths to be eerily similar. It seems as if this type of person enters and exits briefly in my life, but their message and kinship is never forgotten. Do you feel that there is a reason, other more than mere coincidence that we run into these type of people along our journey?
Considering the thousands of people in your life, and considering the million different ways you could find some connection, why wouldn't it be a coincidence?

If coincidences never happen - than that's the weird thing. Considering the myriad possible ways coincidences can occur, if they didn't occur you'd expect some force to be actively managing it so they don't occur.

you've got it upside down.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:14 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Yes we all cross paths again and again. Not to make much of it other than to use such experiences as another clue in understanding the nature of life.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:30 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
I believe that certain people are inevitable
for us to meet in our lives.....
Predestiny.......to either teach us
powerful insights or to help us.....
I also believe there's angels amongst us,
who are in our lives specifically
to protect us.....
I experienced some amazing,
serenditous miracles that have
confirmed my theories.....
There are no coincidences......

Old 07-30-2015, 08:03 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
I have crossed path with 2 different women 3 times each. They were never close friends or anything, just acquaintances. One of them worked with me in 3 different places and lived like 2 blocks from my home. All coincidence.

There was nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't feel some invincible force was reuniting us.

Now I have met people who I thought were special. With time some were and some weren't same with those who gave me a bad vibe, sometimes I was right, sometimes I was wrong.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:06 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I have crossed path with 2 different women 3 times each. They were never close friends or anything, just acquaintances. One of them worked with me in 3 different places and lived like 2 blocks from my home. All coincidence.

There was nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't feel some invincible force was reuniting us.
If it was ordinary, why did you take note of it?

Old 07-30-2015, 05:43 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,640 times
Quote:
I believe that certain people are inevitable
for us to meet in our lives.....
Predestiny.......to either teach us
powerful insights or to help us.....
I also believe there's angels amongst us,
who are in our lives specifically
to protect us.....
I experienced some amazing,
serenditous miracles that have
confirmed my theories.....
There are no coincidences......
Agree fully. Most people in our lives will come and go, and even good friends may lack that special "something" that feels almost destined and to true to be real. It's tough to describe because if I run into these people once every five years I would consider it lucky. They come in and out of my life ever so brief, but their message and kinship seems to last forever.

I don't know if it is a soulmate, angel, or what. It's just a beautiful thing because it's so brief yet fits us so perfectly.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:58 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
everybody will meet somebody that has a very similar perspective on life and body state/signature that resonates with the type they themselves have. Although there are a lot of variations of humans, it is a finite and manageable number.
Yeah, I agree with the highlighted part.

Also, as individuals we're far more likely to remember significant events and persons that occur in our lives rather than the numerous mundane ones. In terms of the types of encounters you describe, I've probably had about 10 I can think of right of hand. However, I've had many more trivial encounters with stranger I've all but completely forgot about because the experience was so uneventful.

As humans, we seem to be 'wired' (so to speak) remember distinctive, powerful experiences rather than the mundane ones that occur far more frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy