Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:40 AM

25 posts, read 32,695 times

Advertisements

With a billion you would not need to play with yourself. You would have access to the most sexy girls on the planet. And you could set up your own dream job doing exactly what you want. Why would you sit around all day watching Netflix, you could be in your own movie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 07:48 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
i would buy the company and fire everybody

Old 10-11-2015, 08:24 AM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
I would retire if I won a MILLION bucks !
How would you manage to feed a million deer and retire at the same time?

Old 10-11-2015, 09:55 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
The first thing one might need to do, is gain an understanding of the "responsibility of having such a volume of money".

Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Well, I'm 21 and in college and I work part-time. I would probably drop out of school and quit working.

I'd probably start a business.

I'd invest in a bunch of real estate and mutual funds, buy my parents a home, buy a small home for myself, buy new cars for myself & immediate family, send money to relatives that I remember, and buy a house in FL for my grandma (her BFF lives there).

Last edited by Pinkmani; 10-11-2015 at 10:51 AM..

Old 10-11-2015, 10:22 AM

7 posts, read 6,435 times
No because doing nothing is a waste of time. I would, instead, choose to do something that I enjoy instead of a "job" that I need to earn a living.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:43 AM

92 posts, read 111,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosk8er View Post
I would do nothing. I love the lifestyle of waking up at 3:30pm, masturbating, and then watching Netflix the rest of the day. LOVE IT.
I do that now without the billion dollars.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:19 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I don't want to interfere with your low aims there, but I think if you had a billion dollars you could maybe find somebody to touch your genitals for you and you could get the premium cable packages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Congratulations, it appears you have already met your lifetime goals, thanks for sharing.
OMG I'm dying laughing!!!

CSD, I tried to give you rep points and it wouldn't let me.

Hell yes I'd quit working.

I'd hire a private jet to fly around the country to pick up my friends and family and fly them down here to Fort Lauderdale. Then we'd board the M/Y Omega mega yacht and cruise the world for couple of weeks.

https://www.internationalyachtcharte...-details/omega

Old 10-11-2015, 02:34 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I'd be outa' the job as soon as that money was in the bank! I'm a few years from retirement, and the only reason I have not retired earlier is that damned albatross around everyone's necks - health insurance.

. . .

To Hell witih working!
I'm with you, Blues. The only reason I'm not already retired is that I need my employer-provided health insurance. I'm know I'm very fortunate to work for a company that provides insurance, but I also can't help being envious of my friends who were able to retire early because they don't have to worry about insurance costs.

If I won a billion dollars, or even one million dollars, immediately upon receiving the payout I would notify my employer that I'd be quitting my job as soon as someone was trained to replace me. I'd offer to stay until a replacement had been found and to stay to train the person. I'd even offer to immediately go off the payroll and stay for free until the replacement was trained. (I love the company I work for. )

Then, I would put the vast majority of the money in a charitable endowment and would live off a modest annual payment from the endowment account.

The money not invested in the charity I would spend on fun stuff, such as doing much-needed renovations to my home (or buying a new one), helping loved ones financially, and taking some lavish vacations. I'd also love to own a cabin in the forest in northern Minnesota or northern Michigan.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:57 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
For one million, I couldn't quit. Minimum for me would be about 3 million.

But for a billion? Once I had that money in my account, I would no longer be able to be found unless I wanted to be LOL.

I'd buy an island somewhere, have a lavish house, and on the island would also be a guest house for all the servants that would cook, clean, etc, 24/7.

When living in paradise became a bit too routine, I'd take a trip and stay at one of my apartments for a few weeks, either in Rio de Janeiro, New York, Paris, Monaco, Sydney, San Francisco... I'd have lots of places to hang my hat whenever I wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy