Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 09:01 AM

137 posts, read 142,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Lol at your last line. I'd advise you read some books to smarten up a bit.
Well, I think it probably happens more around ~40-42ish for most, but I'd say her aging concern is basically biologically true otherwise. So, starting to preserve your health when young and feeling invincible is definitely a wise thing to do. Because without your physical health, nothing else will really matter in life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 09:32 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,890 times
The problem is that it's often not easy to follow one's passion. Take the artist, for example. A person may be passionate about art (or music), and yet that person also needs to pay the rent, buy food, etc. Many people take the easy path. They get a boring 9-5 job. But at age 22, it's a lot easier to do what you really want to do. Forget the 9-5 job. Those will always be there.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:55 AM

84 posts, read 70,730 times
Do what you want, it's your life. Never ever feel pressured to do something you don't want. Don't rush into something you might regret for the rest of your life. Stay true to yourself and try not to lose yourself in this world. At the end of the day, you're either your own best friend or worst enemy.

Happy living

Old 11-02-2015, 01:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It seems my posts just trigger your projections barely related to the points I've made. You try to deny the obvious realities of the status driven society using a convoluted example of your friend who had enough of common sense in him to go with the status flow (while holding all those uplifting, equitable , enlightened views. What a sweet combo.)
Your post triggered nothing but only showed what a very judgmental human you are. Your views on women and those less fortunate as well as those who perform manual work are benighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Good looks, if any, no longer an assured security ticket. Self-discovery gets boring fast for most, if you are not a part of a crowd.
It has never been an assured security ticket.
Quote:
The term "journey of self-discovery" refers to a travel, pilgrimage , or series of events whereby a person attempts to determine how they feel, personally, about spiritual issues or priorities, rather than following the opinions of family, friends, neighborhood or peer pressure.
Self-Discovery is the best thing any lost person especially a lost 20 year old could do for themselves.

It's only boring if the person embarking on this journey is boring.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:44 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I'm spending my 20s following my own truth and what my spirit feels is correct. That's really the only thing you need. Allowing other people to give you advice on what or how you should live your life is where the mistakes begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy