U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 AM

11,038 posts, read 4,776,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yes the population is increasing but only because of undeveloped countries, the whole world isn't contributing.
You think China, India, and the US are underdeveloped countries?

Not hardly.

Quote:
Also the world at the moment is not overpopulated.
Yes it is. When the human population effects ecosystems in a negative way due to human consumption...it's time for the populations to decrease. This is a no brainier. You would have to be living with your head in the sand to not understand this.

But hey according to you Africa is destroying us.

Quote:
You are saying that the US is part of the problem.
Absolutely! We are some of the biggest consumers on Planet Earth.

Moderator cut: Personal Attack

Last edited by Jeo123; 11-03-2015 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-03-2015, 02:16 AM

3,904 posts, read 2,184,626 times
I'm a college student, yes exactly the way we are consuming and how waste full we are with our resources and land is what is creating havoc on our ecosystem and I do think that in the long term our population should decrease but it can't be as sudden as you want it ( 0 fir tilbury rate) also the US population is only growing because of immigrants like I said earlier the fertility of the US is 1.9 children per woman below the 2.1 replacement level. How hard is this to understand what is your education level? And like I said earlier the whole population of the world can fit inside of Texas. Here is the math you get the 7,000,000,000 people divide it by the density of 27,000 people per sq mi and you are left with 259,259.3 sq mi. Texas is 268,820 sq mi. Do you understand now how waste full we are. It's not the people, it's the policies.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:17 AM

8,872 posts, read 13,499,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's for just about any reason you can imagine but mainly it's due to ignorance.

I would say a few of the top reasons are:
  • Woman wanting to trap a man
  • Heat of the moment without use of protection
  • Irresponsible humans that don't care about the consequences
  • Social/family conditioning or pressure
  • Religious beliefs
  • Anchor babies
  • Wanting a mini me
I notice you put "woman wanting to trap a man" at the top of the list. But you forgot "men who simply assume a woman is taking care of the birth control and don't even ask what their responsibilities are in preventing pregnancy." When that's the case, he's every bit as stupid (and culpable) as she is. Condoms work every bit as effectively as birth control pills. If men don't want to have children, they should use them 100% of the time. Then they won't GET trapped.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I notice you put "woman wanting to trap a man" at the top of the list. But you forgot "men who simply assume a woman is taking care of the birth control and don't even ask what their responsibilities are in preventing pregnancy." When that's the case, he's every bit as stupid (and culpable) as she is. Condoms work every bit as effectively as birth control pills. If men don't want to have children, they should use them 100% of the time. Then they won't GET trapped.
I totally agree the man is just as stupid in this situation...but it's not the man in this situation who is going to pay the price in the long run if he does not choose to marry or support the female.

I would not trust a condom over birth control pills. There is a risk of it breaking or the guy not putting it on correctly or it leaking.

Shame on any woman who is not protecting herself just in order to trap a man. That scenario will never turn out good in the long run.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:44 AM

Quote:
I'm a college student, yes exactly the way we are consuming and how waste full we are with our resources and land is what is creating havoc on our ecosystem and I do think that in the long term our population should decrease but it can't be as sudden as you want it.
Great so now we agree. Where did I post about how sudden I want the population to decrease? I never once suggested anything about how sudden I want the population to decrease. It really does not matter what I want...it's not going to happen as we can clearly see the population is increasing everyday.

Quote:
also the US population is only growing because of immigrants
Does it really matter? The real issue is the fact that the population is increasing.

Quote:
How hard is this to understand what is your education level?
There is nothing hard to understand about that BUT that is not the point. The POINT is the WORLD population is out of control and will continue until we drive ourselves into a slow ugly extinction. I have a MS in Molecular Diagnostics.

Quote:
And like I said earlier the whole population of the world can fit inside of Texas. Here is the math you get the 7,000,000,000 people divide it by the density of 27,000 people per sq mi and you are left with 259,259.3 sq mi. Texas is 268,820 sq mi. Do you understand now how waste full we are. It's not the people, it's the policies.
So you think that people want to live in tight over crowed spaces? You think that is a quality life? There would be no farm or agriculture land to help feed these people.

Can you imagine 27,000 living in a square mile? It would be a concrete Urban filth fest like you find in NY.

We don't need to continue tearing down forests and paving land with concrete just to fit more humans in. That's the last thing this planet needs.

It's not the policies, its the high numbers of human consumption and waste that's hurting us.

Perhaps reading this will give you a better understanding: http://howmany.org/environmental_and_social_ills.php

Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 AM

11,210 posts, read 8,353,233 times
The question "why do people have kids with all the available contraception?" should be "why do people have unwanted pregnancies with all the available contraception?"

Children are not the problem here. We were all children once.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
The question "why do people have kids with all the available contraception?" should be "why do people have unwanted pregnancies with all the available contraception?"

Children are not the problem here. We were all children once.
Not only that but why do people want to bring more kids into the world when there is an estimated 153 million children worldwide ranging from babies to teens who are orphans. Why not adopt a child who has no parents? If you really want kids, why not help those kids on this planet who have no parents?

Old 11-03-2015, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Not only that but why do people want to bring more kids into the world when there is an estimated 153 million children worldwide ranging from babies to teens who are orphans. Why not adopt a child who has no parents? If you really want kids, why not help those kids on this planet who have no parents?
Well for one 153 million is very small number when compared to the total population of the world, and secondly it's a lot easier to make a baby than it is to adopt one. By the time all the papers are filed you could already have several years worth of memories of your biological child. Also people are selfish and don't want to raise someone's else's child. Or sometimes people are just not aware of the situation.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Well for one 153 million is very small number when compared to the total population of the world, and secondly it's a lot easier to make a baby than it is to adopt one. By the time all the papers are filed you could already have several years worth of memories of your biological child. Also people are selfish and don't want to raise someone's else's child. Or sometimes people are just not aware of the situation.
153 million is a lot of children with no parents and really should not be compared with the total population of the world. The total population of the world are not orphans so whats the point of comparing it to that?

How do you know what all is involved in adopting a child...you make it sound next to impossible. I have a very good friend who is a Pathologist and he and his wife adopted a baby from China. They brought her here as an infant.

If a decent couple really wants to adopt it's not next to impossible or takes years as you are suggesting.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:26 AM

It's not impossible just more effort than just having sex. Also the child will never see you as their true parents, they will love you but it will be different unless you lie to them which is not a good idea since they will most likely find out some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or