U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 07:33 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,972,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Then this tells me that you are not aware of what is going on in the world.

If you think I am merely describing humans eating animals then you completely missed the point.

Let me give you hints: Human overpopulation, Deforestation, Human Consumption, Human Waste, Human causes of Global Warming, Pollution. That should get you started.

I thought that this would be clear, but obviously not. Us humans are destroying the planet, even the people who don't mean to. The average person will throw away thousands of tons of waste in their life. They will buy products that have been made by harming the environment. Greed and desire has made man destroy the environment and kill animals. We will first make many species extinct. This will have a rippling effect on the food chain. We will over populate and run out of resources. We are screwing up the world and it's devastating to see.

Humans are greedy, we have wiped out 50% of natural habitats over 40 years, the impact on animals and environment is huge. We are over populating the planet and the more people the more farmed animals we torture and the amount of waste we generate.

If you don't think what you are about to watch in this video is sick and twisted...thanks to humans...then you really don't know what is going on in this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI

Every other species that lives on this planet does so in equilibrium with planet earth, humans are the only creatures on the earth that take over and destroy natural habitats all over the planet,
You know that oxygen used to be a deadly poison right, and our atmosphere didn't used to have nearly so much of it until early life forms began pumping it out as a waste product, poising everything near them?

I think that pretty much sums up how life, human or otherwise, tends to work.

Quote:
its mans inquisitive mind that has led to over pollution of this planet destruction of rain forests, this is all counter intuitive to the survival of the planet and every living creature on it, the only difference is a virus has no choice, its the way its programmed, but we as humans do have a choice and we should start choosing to respect this planet or we will soon be extinct.
I don't see it as mattering that the virus has no choice. A virus, or a mosquito, still lays waste to the life around it to succeed, just like humans. I agree that we should be more concerned with our environment that we are, but the mere fact that we can choose to is an advantage over the other organisms, not something to wish destruction on us for. The only good reason I could see to long for humanity's destruction is if you believe it's for humanity's benefit.

Last edited by Clintone; 06-19-2016 at 07:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its cheaper to shoot cans of lead lined cans of poop.

Its about dna, not humans. Time is not important, only life.
Some organization that intends to attempt space exploration should advertise that as a source of funding:

WOULD YOU LIKE THE CHANCE FOR THE BACTERIA IN YOUR INTESTINE TO BE THE PARENT OF AN INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE? PAY US TEN MILLION DOLLARS, POOP INTO A BAG, AND MAIL IT TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

We'll just hook her up to the next space probe heading to the outer planets, aim in the direction of Alpha Centauri, and let her fly!

Old 06-19-2016, 08:02 PM

11,037 posts, read 4,815,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You know that oxygen used to be a deadly poison right, and our atmosphere didn't used to have nearly so much of it until early life forms began pumping it out as a waste product, poising everything near them?
WOW I am stunned at your responses.

NO oxygen did not "used to be a deadly poison". You are very confused.

Do you realize that plants and algae and the open oceans are the sources of oxygen? Humans don't generate oxygen.
Quote:
I think that pretty much sums up how life, human or otherwise, tends to work.
Not even close.
Quote:
I don't see it as mattering that the virus has no choice.
Do you even understand how a virus is created and how it functions?
Quote:
A virus, or a mosquito, still lays waste to the life around it to succeed, just like humans.
Mosquitoes can exist without causing harm but most transmit the virus and even parasites.
Quote:
I agree that we should be more concerned with our environment that we are, but the mere fact that we can choose to is an advantage over the other organisms, not something to wish destruction on us for.
There is so much wrong with this statement.

The fact that we understand what we are doing to our planet, but yet we continue doing it, is certainly not an advantage. We do not exist in a symbiotic relationship with our Planet. Most animals and plants do. They have the advantage when humans are not around destroying their ecosystems. Which in turn destroys our own.

I suggest you take a few biology courses to help clear up your confusion. While you are at it throw in an Ecology course. You can simply google what I am telling you.

Here is a good start Ecological Balance

Humans have tipped this balance. Animals are now becoming extinct due to our behaviors.

First Mammal Species Goes Extinct Due to Climate Change
Quote:
If we destroy humans because of our harm to other animals, I see no reason not to destroy any sufficiently successful species.
You still just don't get it do you? Humans are destroying life for everything. We are well on our path towards causing our own extinction. And in the process we are bringing down other ecosystems. The Earths ecosystems exist in a very fine balance. We now see clearly the destructive effects that humans have left on this planet...but yet we continue on with business as usual. I don't know how old you are but it's about to get really ugly here on planet Earth. The process is in motion.
Quote:
I have wondered if it would be genuinely a good idea to painlessly euthanize all nonhuman predators, and sterilize most nonhuman herbivores to minimize suffering though, if humans could live off world in space and ignore the other organisms after that.
This is the most ignorant and disturbing thing I have ever read in my life.

You are very confused and need to understand that your thinking is very absurd and unimaginable.

I urge you to become educated over all the things you are completely confused about. Start with an Ecology class. Google as much information as you can from credible sites about Ecology.

A scientifically ignorant world is a dangerous one.
Quote:
We might be able to live off in space someday. It sounds nuts, but I think it makes more sense than destroying humanity for harming other organisms.
You keep repeating this nonsense. No where has anyone posted that we need to destroy humanity for harming other species. Pay better attention.
Quote:
I think if we are to destroy humanity it should be because that would be what is best for humanity.
Right humanity knows best.

All of your responses in this post tell me that you have no understanding about what is going on in this world. I find this very disturbing.

No wonder most people have lost faith in humanity. Reading posts like yours does it for me.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:16 PM

Clinton I would rather see earth full of nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores, than full of humans that think like you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone
I have wondered if it would be genuinely a good idea to painlessly euthanize all nonhuman predators, and sterilize most nonhuman herbivores to minimize suffering though, if humans could live off world in space and ignore the other organisms after that.
Your post is one of the darkest and most disturbing things I have ever read on CD.

Humans are the worst predators on this Earth and your post is a perfect example of it.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
If by support the idea - you mean dedicate more of my pay in tax dollars to something that a person on my socio-economic level would probably never benefit from, no - I'm truly not interested. I don't personally view the human animal to have advanced very much over the eons. The technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. The human remains pretty much the same basic creature it has always been.

I think humanity is worth saving, but if its possible, if we are so technologically advanced, why cant that energy and those resources be focused on saving Earth, and keeping it habitable instead?

Chances are any such advancement in space travel would only be used to conquer any life forms found out there, and to exploit resources, as has been done since the dawn of man on this planet.

I'm not personally vain enough to think humans are the only advanced lifeforms to ever be formed somewhere - not that I believe in or have personally witnessed any aliens or UFOs.

Wouldn't it be self-defeating to do it, and then find a situation where human is on the menu? Maybe even leave space tracks that can be followed to farm humanity at its source.

I have no fear of either doing it, or something terrible coming from outer space. I am on the downward slope of life, and will leave no descendants behind to suffer from it, so aside from finding new reasons to further bleed my paycheck, I really don't care what the wealthy do as far as space travel is concerned.
I don't see it as even remotely vain to suspect there is no intelligent, complex tool users in the galaxy besides humanity. The universe is big, but not infinite. There are solutions to Fermi's paradox. My favorite says that aliens evolved mostly in areas of the galaxy that were close enough to the interior for there to be plenty of heavy elements important for the formation of life, but far enough out from the interior that life wouldn't be wiped out by supernova explosions and life-destroying gamma rays. Some time after achieving technology for interstellar travel they moved into the outer areas of the galaxy because the fewer stars meant less danger of supernova explosions and gamma rays. Earth is still a little close to the danger zone for them, so they're farther than we can find them now.

I think interstellar travel might be used to conquer...but I doubt we're going to find any civilizations that couldn't wipe the floor with us because they've been around for hundreds of thousands (or billions) of years. Faster than light travel appears impossible, so we're talking a minimum of years to reach our nearest neighboring stars.

I can sympathize with this:
I think humanity is worth saving, but if its possible, if we are so technologically advanced, why cant that energy and those resources be focused on saving Earth, and keeping it habitable instead?

However, there will be no way we could stop an approaching neutron star whatsoever. We might be able to stop an asteroid, but a neutron star is just a step away from being a black hole. Its gravitational pull is not powerful enough to pull in light, but its powerful enough that it'll do quite a bit of damage to just about everything else. Think about an object that's twelve miles wide with one and a half times the mass of our sun. The most that would remain of our planet if a neutron star came near it would be rocks swirling around it in space as a ring, like Saturn's rings.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Clinton I would rather see earth full of nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores, than full of humans that think like you...

Your post is one of the darkest and most disturbing things I have ever read on CD.

Humans are the worst predators on this Earth and your post is a perfect example of it.
You're the one who wants to destroy humanity, not me Read below:

Quote:
Question: Would you support the construction of a ship to carry humanity to another solar system to save humanity from extinction?

Not in a million years would I even entertain such a thought.

The destructive and parasitic relationship humans have with this planet should be your insight.

This planet as well as many other animal species would exist in greater harmony without humans.

No need to spread The Human Condition found on Earth to another Solar System.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
You're the one who wants to destroy humanity, not me Read below:
Not only are you not aware of what is going on in the world, you don't correctly interpret what I post.

Quote:
Question: Would you support the construction of a ship to carry humanity to another solar system to save humanity from extinction?

Not in a million years would I even entertain such a thought.

The destructive and parasitic relationship humans have with this planet should be your insight.

This planet as well as many other animal species would exist in greater harmony without humans.

No need to spread The Human Condition found on Earth to another Solar System.
Point out exactly where I say that I want to destroy humanity? I don't want to destroy humanity but I certainly don't want The Human Condition being spread to other Solar Systems to continue where we left off here. Humans are destroying the Planet for everyone and everything that lives on it.

You on the other hand want to euthanize all nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores. That is the darkest most disturbing thing I have ever read in my life. You are not a deep thinker nor wise in any way about the world you live in.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
WOW I am stunned at your responses.

NO oxygen did not "used to be a deadly poison". You are very confused.

Do you realize that plants and algae and the open oceans are the sources of oxygen? Humans don't generate oxygen.
Not even close.
Do you even understand how a virus is created and how it functions?
Mosquitoes can exist without causing harm but most transmit the virus and even parasites.
There is so much wrong with this statement.
Either you're trolling or you don't know much about Earth's supposed history. For awhile, (and maybe still, I'm unsure) the first mass extinction was thought to be cause by early organisms generating oxygen as a waste product. I've recently read that might not have been the cause of the first mass extinction, but I don't know how accepted that view is. Oxygen would have been a deadly poison for at least some organisms though, and a waste product for early life. First it would have been a poisonous waste product for most life. Then life would have adapted to it and used it as a resource. Google "Great Oxygenation Event"

Quote:
The fact that we understand what we are doing to our planet, but yet we continue doing it, is certainly not an advantage. We do not exist in a symbiotic relationship with our Planet. Most animals and plants do. They have the advantage when humans are not around destroying their ecosystems. Which in turn destroys our own.
The advantage comes from the ability to understand what we're doing to our planet, not the continuing to do it.

Google Darwinian evolution.

Quote:
I suggest you take a few biology courses to help clear up your confusion. While you are at it throw in an Ecology course. You can simply google what I am telling you.
Right back at you.

Quote:
Here is a good start Ecological Balance

Humans have tipped this balance. Animals are now becoming extinct due to our behaviors.
That is true. We might be in a mass extinction caused by humanity. I agree with that.

Quote:
First Mammal Species Goes Extinct Due to Climate Change
You still just don't get it do you? Humans are destroying life for everything. We are well on our path towards causing our own extinction. And in the process we are bringing down other ecosystems. The Earths ecosystems exist in a very fine balance. We now see clearly the destructive effects that humans have left on this planet...but yet we continue on with business as usual. I don't know how old you are but it's about to get really ugly here on planet Earth. The process is in motion.
This is the most ignorant and disturbing thing I have ever read in my life.

You are very confused and need to understand that your thinking is very absurd and unimaginable.

I urge you to become educated over all the things you are completely confused about. Start with an Ecology class. Google as much information as you can from credible sites about Ecology.

A scientifically ignorant world is a dangerous one.
You keep repeating this nonsense. No where has anyone posted that we need to destroy humanity for harming other species. Pay better attention.
Right humanity knows best.

All of your responses in this post tell me that you have no understanding about what is going on in this world. I find this very disturbing.

No wonder most people have lost faith in humanity. Reading posts like yours does it for me.
Bah. You sound like a troll I'll begin responding to your comments when you begin to appear to be making comments to me, rather than the nature-despising villain you seem to have mistaken me for.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Only if we cut down on some people to make room for plants, animals, and fish.
We could do the plants, but the closest thing you'd see to fish and animals might be a goldfish or something for about a thousand people to stare at in wonder, and maybe insects for food. There ain't gonna' be no deer or mountain lions. Not enough room.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Either you're trolling or you don't know much about Earth's supposed history.
Try to back peddle and you will fail with me. No need to try such infantile tactics with me...it's not going to work. Also calling someone a troll is against the TOS. You are the one who fits that description in this thread.

You never once mentioned mass extinction due to oxygen. You instead made the ultra ignorant statement that oxygen use to be a deadly poison. You clearly don't know what you are talking about as oxygen is not a poison.
Quote:
I've recently read that might not have been the cause of the first mass extinction, but I don't know how accepted that view is.
It's not accepted in the scientific community and in fact I have never heard of it and I am a well educated in the sciences.
Quote:
Oxygen would have been a deadly poison for at least some organisms though, and a waste product for early life. First it would have been a poisonous waste product for most life. Then life would have adapted to it and used it as a resource. Google "Great Oxygenation Event"
From that link it reads: geological, isotopic, and chemical evidence suggest that this major environmental change happened around 2.3 billion years ago (2.3 Ga),the actual causes and the exact date of the event are very contested amongst the scientific community. It has been argued that current geochemical and biomarker evidence for the development of oxygenic photosynthesis before the Great Oxidation Event has been mostly inconclusive.

Oxygen is not a waste product. That's about the dumbest thing I have ever read...but considering all the other things you have posted it's not surprising.
Quote:
The advantage comes from the ability to understand what we're doing to our planet, not the continuing to do it.
Well the over advantage plants and animals have is that they don't do anything to contribute to the demise of our planet. They are much wiser than humans and know how to live symbiotically with earth and with other species. Humans still have not figured this out.
Quote:
Google Darwinian evolution.
I don't need to google any such thing. I am highly educated in Evolutionary Biology. It's clear that you are in dire need of a good biological, ecological, and physical science education.
Quote:
Bah. You sound like a troll I'll begin responding to your comments when you begin to appear to be making comments to me, rather than the nature-despising villain you seem to have mistaken me for.
There is no mistake in what you said. You are a very disturbing human on this planet who thinks that humans are some superior animal that should euthanize all nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores. Hitler thought the same sort of thing, and in fact carried out his crazy idea. Your idea is no different than Hitlers.

Those were your exact words. I know you tried to go back and edit them out but it was too late. I had already quoted them. You have shown your colors loud and clear. People like you are why there is no hope for humanity. If I could post what I really think of you I would be banned.

You have no scientific knowledge to offer so it would be in your best interest to stop making yourself look ridiculous every time you try talking about anything that has to do with science.

Last edited by Matadora; 06-19-2016 at 10:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or