U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 12:23 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,973,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Try to back peddle and you will fail with me. No need to try such infantile tactics with me...it's not going to work. Also calling someone a troll is against the TOS. You are the one who fits that description in this thread.
Well, at least you don't look like you're trolling anymore.

Quote:
You never once mentioned mass extinction due to oxygen. You instead made the ultra ignorant statement that oxygen use to be a deadly poison. You clearly don't know what you are talking about as oxygen is not a poison.
It's not accepted in the scientific community and in fact I have never heard of it and I am a well educated in the sciences.
From that link it reads: geological, isotopic, and chemical evidence suggest that this major environmental change happened around 2.3 billion years ago (2.3 Ga),the actual causes and the exact date of the event are very contested amongst the scientific community. It has been argued that current geochemical and biomarker evidence for the development of oxygenic photosynthesis before the Great Oxidation Event has been mostly inconclusive.
Evidently you know more than I do about science then.

Quote:
Oxygen is not a waste product. That's about the dumbest thing I have ever read...but considering all the other things you have posted it's not surprising.
Well the over advantage plants and animals have is that they don't do anything to contribute to the demise of our planet. They are much wiser than humans and know how to live symbiotically with earth and with other species. Humans still have not figured this out.
I don't need to google any such thing. I am highly educated in Evolutionary Biology. It's clear that you are in dire need of a good biological, ecological, and physical science education.
There is no mistake in what you said. You are a very disturbing human on this planet who thinks that humans are some superior animal that should euthanize all nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores. Hitler thought the same sort of thing, and in fact carried out his crazy idea. Your idea is no different than Hitlers.
There's the troll. She's back. I guess I'll have to end my conversation with you again.

Quote:
Those were your exact words. I know you tried to go back and edit them out but it was too late. I had already quoted them. You have shown your colors loud and clear. People like you are why there is no hope for humanity. If I could post what I really think of you I would be banned.

You have no scientific knowledge to offer so it would be in your best interest to stop making yourself look ridiculous every time you try talking about anything that has to do with science.
Lalalalalaala
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 12:45 AM

11,037 posts, read 4,817,435 times
Ignorance of the Law is no excuse for breaking it and this also applies to behavior, science and integrity.

You are the epitome of what has contributed to humanities failures.

Thankfully we have laws to deal with people like you who ponder euthanizing all nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores.

Dream on killer monster. Thankfully we have laws to protect against your type.

Hitler mentalities are the despicable evil on this earth, and these type of mentalities need to be eradicated.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Ignorance of the Law is no excuse for breaking it and this also applies to behavior, science and integrity.

You are the epitome of what has contributed to humanities failures.

Thankfully we have laws to deal with people like you who ponder euthanizing all nonhuman predators, and most nonhuman herbivores.

Dream on monster killer. Thankfully we have laws against your type.

Hitler mentalities are despicable.
Alright. Some of your prior posts were a little too spooky for me, but this one contains an acceptable level of spookiness because it's short.

Really, this thread is about whether or not people would support the construction of a ship to carry humanity to another solar system to save us from a neutron star approaching Earth, which is not in the title but is on the first page. However, I think this kind of has to do with the topic too. Whether or not we should bring animals along for their sake, rather than just for ours could have to do with the topic and therefore talk related to animal rights and things like that seems alright. I hope we don't go too far off on a tangent though.

First of all, I did not type that I was pondering euthanizing all nonhuman predators and most nonhuman herbivores.

What I'd typed was, and you have this recorded in post #43 http://www.city-data.com/forum/44474674-post43.html the following:

I have wondered if it would be genuinely a good idea to painlessly euthanize all nonhuman predators, and sterilize most nonhuman herbivores to minimize suffering though, if humans could live off world in space and ignore the other organisms after that.

That's not the greatest plan I know, but that's why I'd mentioned I'd wondered about it (and why I deleted it).

Second of all, actually we don't have laws against my type. I can go hunting. I can go fishing. I can kill mice. I've done two out of three of those things. We don't have laws against pondering things though, at least not where I live.

I think it's extremely barbaric to see any of my statements on this thread as Hitler mentality. Hitler's ideas and my ideas were both pretty sloppy solutions to problems, so that's a similarity. However, a big difference is that I'm not actually going to attempt my idea.

What if we would euthanize all nonhuman predators and sterilize most nonhuman herbivores though? I think it would be foolish to attempt that now because we don't have the resources...but the goal would be to minimize suffering. It would probably wreak havoc, so we would ideally wait until we'd have a great understanding of the ecosystems of Earth but eventually I think there could be a potential argument, far in the future, for euthanizing certain predators (perhaps even most) and sterilizing many herbivores so that suffering is minimized.

Although, maybe if we could euthanize all nonhuman predators and sterilize enough herbivores that might even lead to a healthy ecosystem with minimal suffering, but I'd think we still wouldn't know enough about our environment to know which to sterilize now though.

I am not an antinatalist. I do, however, hold the view that life is no better or worse than not being alive. I think that whether or not it is best to produce new life depends on how much it would assist existing life. What matters is how organisms feel when they're alive, I think, so I don't necessarily see painless euthanasia as on Hitler's level, and I don't see any negatives to sterilizing most animal species to the individual sterilized animal.

I don't see painless deaths of non-social organisms (that would often not have other organisms to miss them) as a terrible thing, necessarily. I think it's cruel if not done for their benefit or they're not used for someone's benefit, and it could be difficult to be sure it's painless, and it should also not be startling if possible.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Alright. Some of your prior posts were a little too spooky for me, but this one contains an acceptable level of spookiness because it's short.
Spooky in what way? I suspect it's your limited mentally that could only view my posts as spooky. You make my skin crawl and my blood boil. I would without hesitation, protect any non human species over someone like you any time I could get the opportunity to do so.

I would delight in knowing that a sentient non human species protected itself from a human like yourself even if they did so in the most heinous and barbaric manner possible.
Quote:
Really, this thread is about whether or not people would support the construction of a ship to carry humanity to another solar system to save us from a neutron star approaching Earth, which is not in the title but is on the first page.
Wow then you took this thread so far off topic. Congratulate yourself for being the "T" word within your very own post.
Quote:
However, I think this kind of has to do with the topic too. Whether or not we should bring animals along for their sake, rather than just for ours could have to do with the topic and therefore talk related to animal rights and things like that seems alright. I hope we don't go too far off on a tangent though.
Animals are not here for our sake any more than we are here for their sake. Man you are one sick human to even suggest otherwise. My blood is boiling. I can only hope all non human species have you pegged on their radar.

Quote:
First of all, I did not type that I was pondering euthanizing all nonhuman predators and most nonhuman herbivores.
Yes you did minus the non-human herbivores...you dream of sterilizing them instead. Sounds like you need to be subjected to your own twisted dreams against other species.
Quote:
*Your words*. I have wondered if it would be genuinely a good idea to painlessly euthanize all nonhuman predators, and sterilize most nonhuman herbivores to minimize suffering though, if humans could live off world in space and ignore the other organisms after that.
No it would be much better to see humans like you vanish form this earth in order to minimize all species suffering. You are no better than any other animal...in fact you are much worse. Much more despicable and evil to the core. Animals are not evil...they are simply surviving. Humans such as yourself and Hitler sit around and ponder evil vile despicable thoughts about not only their own species but also about other species.
Quote:
That's not the greatest plan I know, but that's why I'd mentioned I'd wondered about it (and why I deleted it).
The fact that you even entertain this thought makes me sick to the core. Makes me wish I could stand toe to toe in your face. You make my skin crawl and my blood boil. I would gladly protect any other species that you ponder killing or sterilizing, over someone like you any day.
Quote:
Second of all, actually we don't have laws against my type. I can go hunting. I can go fishing. I can kill mice. I've done two out of three of those things. We don't have laws against pondering things though, at least not where I live.
Sure just try to weasel around it. Yes we do have laws against going out and euthanizing ALL nonhuman predators, and sterilizing most nonhuman herbivores. You bet we do. I will give you my address...would you like to meet for lunch? Looking for that toe to toe face to face opportunity to meet up with by big black panther standing right beside me. Here kitty kitty...care to join us for lunch?
Quote:
I think it's extremely barbaric to see any of my statements on this thread as Hitler mentality. Hitler's ideas and my ideas were both pretty sloppy solutions to problems, so that's a similarity. However, a big difference is that I'm not actually going to attempt my idea.
I think it's pretty BARBARIC to even ponder or wonder or suggest euthanizing all nonhuman predators and sterilizing most nonhuman herbivores. I mean come on DUDE get real. WTF are you thinking here? This is insane in the membrane stuff just like Hitler. Yes let's colonize another solar system and leave behind the barbaric thinking humans like you. Leave you here to suffer at the hands of those humans who think just like you.
Quote:
What if we would euthanize all nonhuman predators and sterilize most nonhuman herbivores though? I think it would be foolish to attempt that now because we don't have the resources...but the goal would be to minimize suffering.
OMG that is how you are going to try and back pedal out of this? We don't have the resources? Sick and Sicker this story gets!
Quote:
It would probably wreak havoc, so we would ideally wait until we'd have a great understanding of the Earths ecosystems
We already have a great understanding of the Earths ecosystems...but how would a completely scientifically uneducated person such as yourself know this? Ignorance is no excuse to harm. Gee I am trying so hard not get banned here over the likes of someone like you...
Quote:
but eventually I think there could be a potential argument, far in the future, for euthanizing certain predators (perhaps even most) and sterilizing many herbivores so that suffering is minimized.
No there will never be such an argument against non-human species...why would there be? However, I could see a plan for euthanizing evil Hitler mentality predators right now.
Quote:
Although, maybe if we could euthanize all nonhuman predators and sterilize enough herbivores that might even lead to a healthy ecosystem with minimal suffering, but I'd think we still wouldn't know enough about our environment to know which to sterilize now though.
How ignorant can a human be? Well you have topped the charts here.
Quote:
I am not an [sic] antinatalist.
Freaking liar.
Quote:
I do, however, hold the view that life is no better or worse than not being alive.
How ignorant is this? So now you are the authority on what life is like when we are no longer alive?
Quote:
I think that whether or not it is best to produce new life depends on how much it would assist existing life.
Says the person who is completely uneducated in science and ecosystems and knows NOTHING about the world they live in.
Quote:
What matters is how organisms feel when they're alive, I think, so I don't necessarily see painless euthanasia as on Hitler's level, and I don't see any negatives to sterilizing most animal species to the individual sterilized animal.
Skin is crawling and blood is boiling dreaming of toe to toe face to face. OK so let's drag you against your will down to the local euthanasia clinic and get this party started.
Quote:
I don't see painless deaths of non-social organisms (that would often not have other organisms to miss them) as a terrible thing, necessarily. I think it's cruel if not done for their benefit or they're not used for someone's benefit, and it could be difficult to be sure it's painless, and it should also not be startling if possible.
Every creature is sentient. But of course never mind that, let's get back to your grand idea, let's round you up and drag you down to the nearest euthanasia clinic and get this party started...after all you are a non-herbivore animal. Get in line, after all this was your idea.

My black panther and all the (non-herbivore) dog and cat companion and non-companion creatures of the world will be dancing the moonlight!

Old 06-20-2016, 03:53 AM

Hey folks according to the OP we should entertain or actually carry out euthanizing these top sentient herbivore creatures.

List of carnivorans by population

Yes indeed the OP is a very dangerous mind here on Earth.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:31 AM

1,660 posts, read 934,043 times
Quote:
Hey folks according to the OP we should entertain or actually carry out euthanizing these top sentient herbivore creatures.

List of carnivorans by population

Yes indeed the OP is a very dangerous mind here on Earth.
Talk about not understanding what was being discussed in his post.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:32 AM

1,660 posts, read 934,043 times
I really do not understand why people would be against trying to save mankind if such a situation as the OP suggests was to happen. It baffles my mind that people wouldn't want mankind to survive even if they are not the ones who would live.

The only thing I can think of is that they do not think they would be in the survivor group and hence would be jealous.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Talk about not understanding what was being discussed in his post.
The OP brought this into the discussion not me. Pay attention.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:53 AM

Quote:
I really do not understand why people would be against trying to save mankind if such a situation as the OP suggests was to happen. It baffles my mind that people wouldn't want mankind to survive even if they are not the ones who would live.
If you do not understand then there nothing more to discuss. Just wow is all I can say.

It baffles my mind why you think humans (hardly considered mankind) are so important that they deserve to populate another solar system?
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that they do not think they would be in the survivor group and hence would be jealous.
Bizarre thought process if you can even consider it a thought process.

It's not jealousy it's clearly an understanding about the the Human Condition that you have not even thought about, is why a person would not want to see humans starting life in another solar system.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Spooky in what way? I suspect it's your limited mentally that could only view my posts as spooky. You make my skin crawl and my blood boil. I would without hesitation, protect any non human species over someone like you any time I could get the opportunity to do so.
Your posts are spooky because your aggression makes you seem to me to be someone I wouldn't invite into my house, out of concern that you'd make my skin into a hat.

Quote:
I would delight in knowing that a sentient non human species protected itself from a human like yourself even if they did so in the most heinous and barbaric manner possible.
Wow then you took this thread so far off topic. Congratulate yourself for being the "T" word within your very own post.
Animals are not here for our sake any more than we are here for their sake. Man you are one sick human to even suggest otherwise. My blood is boiling. I can only hope all non human species have you pegged on their radar.
Here you are again with that mistaking me for some nature despising villain. When did I say animals were here for our sake? I don't recall ever having typed that. Are you a sociopath who's playing games with me? I don't mind. I'll play, but you sound like what I'd imagine one to sound like. No attempt to make productive comments, just endless hate and venom. I don't scare easily. I actually find this kind of amusing.

Quote:
Yes you did minus the non-human herbivores...you dream of sterilizing them instead. Sounds like you need to be subjected to your own twisted dreams against other species.
No it would be much better to see humans like you vanish form this earth in order to minimize all species suffering. You are no better than any other animal...in fact you are much worse. Much more despicable and evil to the core. Animals are not evil...they are simply surviving. Humans such as yourself and Hitler sit around and ponder evil vile despicable thoughts about not only their own species but also about other species.
Oh, I would be open to the possibility of some ridiculously intelligent alien species sterilizing humanity, if they could convince me that there were no better option.

The part in bold shows that I did not say what you mentioned.

Quote:
The fact that you even entertain this thought makes me sick to the core. Makes me wish I could stand toe to toe in your face. You make my skin crawl and my blood boil. I would gladly protect any other species that you ponder killing or sterilizing, over someone like you any day.
Sure just try to weasel around it. Yes we do have laws against going out and euthanizing ALL nonhuman predators, and sterilizing most nonhuman herbivores. You bet we do. I will give you my address...would you like to meet for lunch? Looking for that toe to toe face to face opportunity to meet up with by big black panther standing right beside me. Here kitty kitty...care to join us for lunch?
I think it's pretty BARBARIC to even ponder or wonder or suggest euthanizing all nonhuman predators and sterilizing most nonhuman herbivores. I mean come on DUDE get real. WTF are you thinking here? This is insane in the membrane stuff just like Hitler. Yes let's colonize another solar system and leave behind the barbaric thinking humans like you. Leave you here to suffer at the hands of those humans who think just like you.
How's about explaining why it is bad to ponder euthanizing all nonhuman predators and sterilizing most nonhuman herbivores (or whatever I said) rather than yelling about how I'm the debil? That could be helpful.

I'm flattered by your offer to give me your address, but no thanks. I don't really feel I know you well enough to begin dating, despite these warm and friendly discussions of ours. I do feel a great deal of affection for you though.

Do you like me? Y/N?

Quote:
OMG that is how you are going to try and back pedal out of this? We don't have the resources? Sick and Sicker this story gets!
We already have a great understanding of the Earths ecosystems...but how would a completely scientifically uneducated person such as yourself know this? Ignorance is no excuse to harm. Gee I am trying so hard not get banned here over the likes of someone like you...
No there will never be such an argument against non-human species...why would there be? However, I could see a plan for euthanizing evil Hitler mentality predators right now.
How ignorant can a human be? Well you have topped the charts here.
Freaking liar.
How ignorant is this? So now you are the authority on what life is like when we are no longer alive?
Says the person who is completely uneducated in science and ecosystems and knows NOTHING about the world they live in.
Skin is crawling and blood is boiling dreaming of toe to toe face to face. OK so let's drag you against your will down to the local euthanasia clinic and get this party started.
Every creature is sentient. But of course never mind that, let's get back to your grand idea, let's round you up and drag you down to the nearest euthanasia clinic and get this party started...after all you are a non-herbivore animal. Get in line, after all this was your idea.

My black panther and all the (non-herbivore) dog and cat companion and non-companion creatures of the world will be dancing the moonlight!
Blah, blah, blah. How about explaining why I'm so monstrous rather than just shouting "the sky is falling"

Last edited by Clintone; 06-20-2016 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or