U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 03:55 PM

53 posts, read 17,637 times

Advertisements

Throughout the course of my life, I've again and again looked at the Sun, and raised my hand to it; I've again and again spent hours at a woodland, just wanting to be around trees, desperate to know the meaning of their existence.

Life does exist elsewhere in the Universe, and just like me the life forms on those other planets will have looked to their own Sun, and wanted to stand around their trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 06:53 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,102,790 times
...yes, yes, these type of thoughts are what kept me out of the good schools.............lol

Old 06-30-2016, 07:46 PM

53 posts, read 17,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...yes, yes, these type of thoughts are what kept me out of the good schools.............lol
Any tree is better than any school, and any nation - the UN should declare that any tree is better than any school or nation.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:00 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,396,070 times
There is no meaning to existence. It's just there. Speculating any further is non productive.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:42 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,505,570 times
I think the OP is a plant.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:50 AM

13,493 posts, read 5,011,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellytrokan View Post
Throughout the course of my life, I've again and again looked at the Sun, and raised my hand to it; I've again and again spent hours at a woodland, just wanting to be around trees, desperate to know the meaning of their existence.

Life does exist elsewhere in the Universe, and just like me the life forms on those other planets will have looked to their own Sun, and wanted to stand around their trees.
the meaning?

the are a working part of the biosphere and integral part of the chemistry that produces the illusions around us we call life.

maybe we just keep "nothing" from happening.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:50 AM

26,160 posts, read 15,382,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing
There is no meaning to existence. It's just there. Speculating any further is non productive.
Trying to explain it would be quite a challenge!!

NONE OF US really know what its about!!

Old 07-17-2016, 10:35 AM

698 posts, read 525,843 times
Quote:

It would be an interesting thought to have aliens land and find that their ship was piloted by TREES! Smart trees with an evolved brain somewhere in their trunk. Maybe they would come to our planet and form a kinship with our trees...but then we might wind up being their firewood!

Old 07-26-2016, 04:53 PM

12,886 posts, read 15,451,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Trying to explain it would be quite a challenge!!

NONE OF US really know what its about!!
And even if someone did....no-one would believe them.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:08 PM

12,886 posts, read 15,451,091 times
Quote:

you'd probably like this...I hope

One impulse from a vernal wood
May teach you more of man,
Of moral evil and good,
Than all the sages can.....................William Wadsworth

One more for you shellytroken....someone who loves trees.....

This is the forest primeval. The murmuring pines and
the hemlocks,
Bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct
in the twilight,
Stand like Druids of old, with voices sad and prophetic,
Stand like harpers hoar, with beards that rest on their
bosoms.
Loud from it's rocky caverns, the deep-voiced neighboring
ocean
Speaks, and in accents disconsolate answers the wail
of the forest........Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Cedar, and pine, and fir, and branching palm,
A sylvan scene, and as the ranks ascend
Shades above shade, a woody theatre
Of stateliest view........John Milton

Take care shelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or