Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:58 AM

3,981 posts, read 6,788,987 times

Advertisements

You will know you are dead, because you will see this written in the screen:

INSERT COIN

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 03:34 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I think I will know when I am dead.
I don't see how.

Dying, maybe...

Old 01-05-2017, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 911 times
Ive been wondering the same. How do we know we are not already gone? Sometimes feels like Groundhog Day, is that life or death?

Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Before I had surgery, I told my mom that if I wake up at the concert of my favorite band, I'll know that I went to heaven.

That didn't happen though, so that either means that I'm still alive or that I went to hell instead.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:23 AM

1 posts, read 604 times
Here’s a thing, we shut our eyes and go to sleep, now our bodies slow down and the brain turns off what is not needed at the time, now you don’t know your asleep till you wake up, so I think the brain keeps watch when we sleep because when we need the toilet it alerts us, so if you was to die in your sleep would the brain try and alert us, and would it feel pain, so do we really die in our sleep or just for a moment we wake and then pass. Just a thought?

Old 04-05-2018, 04:59 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
You will know you are dead, because you will see this written in the screen:

INSERT COIN

If I save up enough money, can I keep playing?

Old 04-08-2018, 09:39 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
u know when u are dead when u can no longer know. LOL

Old 04-08-2018, 10:08 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
This is why death is so scary.

The finality of it all.

In certain instances of course you'd probably know you are about to die, either from illness or some traumatic accident/injury.

Other times it happens in an instant, like a fatal heart attack or you die in your sleep. Then of course you don't know you are dead. I think the brain has a way of staying alive for a brief moment of time as your physical body systems shut down and you are clinically dead. I think it was mice experiments where brain showed some activity even after death. In those moments, while the brain can still fire electrical signals, it may give off some pleasant dream state AKA endorphins, to ease the trauma. You have final pleasant memories until it slowly fades away into darkness, for all eternity. You are no longer you, and that is final.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:09 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is why death is so scary.

The finality of it all.

In certain instances of course you'd probably know you are about to die, either from illness or some traumatic accident/injury.

Other times it happens in an instant, like a fatal heart attack or you die in your sleep. Then of course you don't know you are dead. I think the brain has a way of staying alive for a brief moment of time as your physical body systems shut down and you are clinically dead. I think it was mice experiments where brain showed some activity even after death. In those moments, while the brain can still fire electrical signals, it may give off some pleasant dream state AKA endorphins, to ease the trauma. You have final pleasant memories until it slowly fades away into darkness, for all eternity. You are no longer you, and that is final.
never posted in this forum all the years I've been a member; so I'm not trolling. Just happened to see the topic and after reading Suburban_Guy's post I was sitting here like

In all the years I've had time to think about death I just had not read it explained in such a way.

"you have final pleasant memories until it slowly fades away into darkness, for all eternity"

Have you always thought this was how we die or is it something you've thought over and decided yes, it must happen this way?

Because I can see how one could come to that conclusion but I certainly hope you're wrong. I already had plans to meet up with some former friends, family but most especially I was looking forward to seeing my pets again.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:35 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
never posted in this forum all the years I've been a member; so I'm not trolling. Just happened to see the topic and after reading Suburban_Guy's post I was sitting here like

In all the years I've had time to think about death I just had not read it explained in such a way.

"you have final pleasant memories until it slowly fades away into darkness, for all eternity"

Have you always thought this was how we die or is it something you've thought over and decided yes, it must happen this way?

Because I can see how one could come to that conclusion but I certainly hope you're wrong. I already had plans to meet up with some former friends, family but most especially I was looking forward to seeing my pets again.
The fact that most pets live such a short life next to humans is some seriously cruel prank. Imagine how cool it would be if your dog could grow old with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy