Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 08:42 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,911 times

Advertisements

I'm sensing a trend in your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 08:53 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Well since there is no God or anything like Heaven all the people who believe in that are going to be very disappointed.. Me I don't believe so it will probably feel like nothing....

Old 08-07-2016, 01:06 AM

135 posts, read 90,593 times
Ppl try to sugarcoat it, but dying is so bad you can't really explain it..... all your worst psychological fears that you repressed, your brain makes them come alive all at once. It is beyond cruel and gruesome. And then after that, you are totally annihilated. There is no heaven or God or jesus.... you completely cease to exist and it is the worst and most horrible thing imaginable.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:47 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Well since there is no God or anything like Heaven all the people who believe in that are going to be very disappointed.. Me I don't believe so it will probably feel like nothing....
If there is nothing, then there won't be any disappointment either. It would take consciousness to experience disappointment.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:52 AM

997 posts, read 936,910 times
Nobody knows.

People have been clinically dead and they had an experience but they weren't permanently dead, so the truth is that nobody knows.

People think they know because they have beliefs and anecdotal evidence.

I am still trying to figure out what it feels like to be alive.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:54 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
It must be awesome, that's why they save it for last.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:59 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,835 times
It looks like half of the philosophy forum is filled with threads about death and dying. Are there so many scaredy-cats out these who cannot accept a simple fact of human existence: that this existence must have an end? And who have nothing else to do than sit around and wonder about that.

Folks, just go outside already. There is too much beauty in life to think about death.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:08 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
It looks like half of the philosophy forum is filled with threads about death and dying. Are there so many scaredy-cats out these who cannot accept a simple fact of human existence: that this existence must have an end? And who have nothing else to do than sit around and wonder about that.

Folks, just go outside already. There is too much beauty in life to think about death.
Asking and wondering doesn't infer they're crippled with fear and not living life.

Plenty of books written on experiences during a code before resuscitation. I've known two people personally; one wrote a book back when it became a hot selling topic; not sure I believe his story. The other I believe; the topic came up after my grand-daughters mothers sudden death and concerned the process of dying had been a horrid experience.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:13 AM

6 posts, read 3,385 times
That really extra taste which an alive men can not get anymore. If the person works better and works for the welfare of mankind he/she will get best place according to the myth. On the other hand if he/she does not do good then will suffer. But for sure that every men and women must take the taste of death.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Well, you could read online Anthony Borgia's "Life in the Unseen World"...Father Robert Bensen, on the Other Side, communicates to his medium friend Anthony...
about even leaving from his death bed, his old buddy, another Epis. priest greeting him as his guide...
he covers every detail.

Then, further , "More About Life in the World Unseen". This is where he finally addresses the falsehoods taught by churches.

Here: the pdfs
http://www.thegreatquestion.com/book...RLD_UNSEEN.pdf

and
http://www.ghostcircle.com/wp-conten...rld-Unseen.pdf

Also, medium/ psychic Chico Xavier who passed around 2008?...
Anyway, a movie was made from his books, on Netflix...
"The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey"

Then, you have this famous NDE ...now, he came back so he only got a glimpse...

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

There is also a good book "The World Beyond" by Ruth Montgomery...but
not really... her medium friend, the then famous medium, Arthur Ford, that passed over pretty much wrote it through her...automatic writing at her typewriter.

in the early 70s?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-07-2016 at 06:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy