Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Drug overdose is one hell of an uneffective method, and not painless at all.

I disagree...it's quick and painless.

Who is this Preston and Maro you speak of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post

You can disagree all you want, but you don't back it up with information. If there's a drug lethal enough to kill you within minutes, without suffering, it's probably really hard to gain access to it.
But the truth is, even if you purchase the nastiest drug from a street dealer, it'll be mixed with all sorts of things, making it a lot less effective. There's no way you can get your hands on pure cocaine, for example.

Quote:
TA Preston & R Mero, Observations concerning terminally ill patients who choose suicide, published within MP Battin & AG Lipman, Drug use in assisted suicide and euthanasia 1996. (Excerpts can be viewed free at isbn:1560248149 - Google Search).
Drugs are so ineffective, in fact, that your best bet is to mix them with other drugs to shock your system. And the result is, well, painful.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
No one could say. The dead have yet to come back and give us brochure.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:00 PM

6,745 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Let's see... do I think it's better to be alive or dead?

All things considered, I'd rather be in Las Vegas. Preferably alive.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
You can disagree all you want, but you don't back it up with information. If there's a drug lethal enough to kill you within minutes, without suffering, it's probably really hard to gain access to it.
But the truth is, even if you purchase the nastiest drug from a street dealer, it'll be mixed with all sorts of things, making it a lot less effective. There's no way you can get your hands on pure cocaine, for example.

Drugs are so ineffective, in fact, that your best bet is to mix them with other drugs to shock your system. And the result is, well, painful.
So say you...who also doesn't "back up with information".

Overall OP, I'd say that since we'll all die eventually, why not get as much joy out of the life we have now.

Last edited by purehuman; 08-18-2016 at 12:23 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 05:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,148 times
Quote:
So say you...who also doesn't "back up with information".
Uh, I quoted a paragraph from a research and provided a whole book for you to read after you asked who Preston and Mero, from said research, were. That's plenty of information backing up my statement.

Here's the book you very obviously missed, btw. Enjoy the read.
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...TQDbkQ6AEIHjAA

Last edited by Arigarisha; 08-18-2016 at 05:16 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 05:30 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
I don't have to choose. I will have both.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Uh, I quoted a paragraph from a research and provided a whole book for you to read after you asked who Preston and Mero, from said research, were. That's plenty of information backing up my statement.

Here's the book you very obviously missed, btw. Enjoy the read.
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...TQDbkQ6AEIHjAA
Where's the book!!! A link don't cut it....means nothing if I can't read the book does it?
Your info is from people who murder others under the guise of "assisting" them to die....euthanasia is just another name for murder...for any reason...it is what it is.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:51 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Probably dead or non-existent. No pain or suffering or stress or worry when dead. But as a living person with consciousness and a strong biological urge to continue living, it's hard for me to vote for non-existence as being optimal, but it probably is. I think the best option is to not be born in the first place. That way you would not have living and consciousness as your frame of reference. You would never know living or life, so you would be clueless about missing out on anything.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:47 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:

I have read that the least painless way is drowning. Drugs are a poison that your body tries to get rid of to protect it self. It is said to be a painful way to die.

The best way though is to live a good long life, take care of this body that you have during that time, no smoking, eat lots of raw fruit and vegetables, meat sparingly, whole grains, lots of water and get plenty of sleep and exercise. Grow old and die in your sleep. Easiest and least painful way to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy