Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knew why I am so darned philosophical, ever since a child, I loved to go off by myself and think and thought very deeply about the why's of things...questioning always questioning, looking at a much larger picture, always taking it one step further.
I've even had people say to me, "God, your deep", or "Your such a deep thinker"
How does this happen and why?

Even when I write in threads, my mind seems to go off on tangins, thinking of the trickle down effect, or thinking of an example, and writing that example which relates to the subject, in explaination, but, gets deleted by the mods, for being off topic, which is upsetting, b/c I see where it isn't off topic, which opens another train of thought, how people Interrupt what they are reading. For instance, you are not in a snarky mood, but when you write something in a thread, people take it as if your snarky...? And then of course, there is a snarky reply.

we all view things differently...and either don't see or see more in what someone has written that isn't really there...

so, I guess I'm asking several questions here.

1. What makes a person so philosophical...so deep

2. How to keep the mind in check...for those of you who do not know, I have MS, so that might be an additive to this question? Not sure

3. Sometimes I try like anything to be overly nice so people don't think I'm being snarky, but they take it that way...and yes, other times I am, b/c people come into threads with both barrels, simply b/c they don't like me, and that's ok, I realize we can't all like each other, but....

Suggestions?

And honestly, please no snarky comments....

Lets just discuss this...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 04:32 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew why I am so darned philosophical, ever since a child, I loved to go off by myself and think and thought very deeply about the why's of things...questioning always questioning, looking at a much larger picture, always taking it one step further.

Even when I write in threads, my mind seems to go off on tangins, thinking of the trickle down effect, or thinking of an example, and writing that example which relates to the subject, in explaination, but, gets deleted by the mods, for being off topic, which is upsetting, b/c I see where it isn't off topic, which opens another train of thought, how people Interrupt what they are reading. For instance, you are not in a snarky mood, but when you write something in a thread, people take it as if your snarky...? And then of course, there is a snarky reply.

we all view things differently...and either don't see or see more in what someone has written that isn't really there...

2. How to keep the mind in check...for those of you who do not know, I have MS, so that might be an additive to this question? Not sure

3. Sometimes I try like anything to be overly nice so people don't think I'm being snarky, but they take it that way...and yes, other times I am, b/c people come into threads with both barrels, simply b/c they don't like me, and that's ok, I realize we can't all like each other, but....

Suggestions?

some people listen to respond, some people listen to learn and ponder

Old 02-02-2017, 07:31 PM

130 posts, read 105,639 times
Quote:

Suggestions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_cognition

Do you have ADD by any chance? I find people who do , like myself, tend to think about this stuff a lot

Old 02-02-2017, 07:32 PM

130 posts, read 105,639 times
Quote:

Suggestions?

what is MS?

Old 02-02-2017, 08:50 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
MS=multiple sclerosis.

OP, you are one of the three kinds of fools.
1. Child is Simple Fool. Simple fool does not know he is a fool. He is simply unaware of such complexities. Simple fool takes everything as it is. He is eternally happy with the world as it is. Adam and Eve were simple fools.
2. Ignorant fool. Ignorant fool is a learned fool, who believes he is knows everything or a lot and is ignorant of his foolishness, as he knows nothing. He is "too headed". He lost the child ability to accept world as it is, happiness it gives as it is, now he does nothing but is looking for "answers". And every answer brings only more questions.
Adam and Eve became ignorant fools, when they took from the fruit of knowledge. As such, they "lost paradise" - ability to be happy in reality as it is. They became like you are, OP.
3. Blessed fool. Blessed fool is like a child reborn. Blessed fool shed all of the learned garbage, and became like a child - takes reality as it is. Happy as it is. Trusts reality as it is. Jesus is a blessed fool. Jesus is Adam reborn as blessed fool. Circle completes. From simple fool through ignorant fool to blessed fool, Adam passed through all the stages of human samsara, becoming Jesus and reuniting with creator.
That is the meaning of Adam and Eve parable. Jesus said - only those that became LIKE a child will be with me in the kingdom of god.
Mahomet said - only blessed fools will be in haven.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_cognition

Do you have ADD by any chance? I find people who do , like myself, tend to think about this stuff a lot
I don't know, I don't believe I have ADD, but I do have MS?

Don't really care who likes me or who doesn't. What I care about is, that people are happy, content, and good with life?

But, I'm a deep thinker....and have a hunger for knowledge...and cannot express myself the way I would like....it doesn't always come out, but it's there in my mind...? That is frustrating...but, I will say this, right after I was diagnosed, it was God awful...the dizziness, was very bad, and constant...memory was also bad, but somehow, thru the medical therapy, they pumped me up with Steroids, which cushioned the mylon, and the nerve endings rejuvinated themselves....so I've regained so much...but, it could come back anytime, and I have noticed since growing older, that there are more problems, but surely not nearly as bad as it could be.

I don't believe any of this or what I wrote about has to do with being a deep thinker though?

Old 02-03-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
MS=multiple sclerosis.

OP, you are one of the three kinds of fools.
1. Child is Simple Fool. Simple fool does not know he is a fool. He is simply unaware of such complexities. Simple fool takes everything as it is. He is eternally happy with the world as it is. Adam and Eve were simple fools.
2. Ignorant fool. Ignorant fool is a learned fool, who believes he is knows everything or a lot and is ignorant of his foolishness, as he knows nothing. He is "too headed". He lost the child ability to accept world as it is, happiness it gives as it is, now he does nothing but is looking for "answers". And every answer brings only more questions.
Adam and Eve became ignorant fools, when they took from the fruit of knowledge. As such, they "lost paradise" - ability to be happy in reality as it is. They became like you are, OP.
3. Blessed fool. Blessed fool is like a child reborn. Blessed fool shed all of the learned garbage, and became like a child - takes reality as it is. Happy as it is. Trusts reality as it is. Jesus is a blessed fool. Jesus is Adam reborn as blessed fool. Circle completes. From simple fool through ignorant fool to blessed fool, Adam passed through all the stages of human samsara, becoming Jesus and reuniting with creator.
That is the meaning of Adam and Eve parable. Jesus said - only those that became LIKE a child will be with me in the kingdom of god.
Mahomet said - only blessed fools will be in haven.
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
Albert Einstein
I believe strongly that the way we think, strongly shapes who we are, what we are and what we believe?

I am content, most of the time happy, and do not think about worries....what I tend to do, is this....
Say I am watching a show about the universe....and they explain how the universe was formed, I want to go deeper, for instance, what was it before he was formed? Who formed it, how did it start before formation?

I remember as a child, sitting alone and so enjoyed watching the summer rain or just walking in the rain, still do, and noted that as each rain drop hit a puddle, it formed a cross....wondering, why and thinking, "how miraculous!"

Those are the only examples I can think of right now...but ever since a very small child, I know, there are much greater things out there then any human being can imagine.

Samsara is the circle of life? But there is way more than just life..it doesn't end when someone dies (I believe it's just beginning) and it doesn't start when someone is born...

I don't believe in the God that organized religion believes in...much more, so much more, then what anyone or any human knows?

for instance...
https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/1...o-think-deeply

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-03-2017 at 10:02 AM..

Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
what is MS?
MS=multiple sclerosis.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:43 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Quote:

Suggestions?

Were you an only child?

I was, and I had a LOT of time to myself, which I didn't mind.

I questioned the existence of God at a very early age, and then got into Eastern religion and just started questioning "Why."

Those questions mostly manifested themselves in physical forms of learning about computers and taking them apart; I love working with my hands. But this was perhaps part of a small amount of undiagnosed ADD/OCD.

However in my later teens I was very interested in actual Philosophy, and eventually got my degree in it.

I was also kind of reserved and listened a lot to people so I was gaining a bigger picture of the world. Unfortunately I'd internalize it a bit too much and could get wrapped up in my thoughts too much.

Now that I'm older, I've since "normaled out" and have tempered any real pretentiousness that I may have had.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Were you an only child?

I was, and I had a LOT of time to myself, which I didn't mind.

I questioned the existence of God at a very early age, and then got into Eastern religion and just started questioning "Why."

Those questions mostly manifested themselves in physical forms of learning about computers and taking them apart; I love working with my hands. But this was perhaps part of a small amount of undiagnosed ADD/OCD.

However in my later teens I was very interested in actual Philosophy, and eventually got my degree in it.

I was also kind of reserved and listened a lot to people so I was gaining a bigger picture of the world. Unfortunately I'd internalize it a bit too much and could get wrapped up in my thoughts too much.

Now that I'm older, I've since "normaled out" and have tempered any real pretentiousness that I may have had.
yes, I was an only child, but never lonely...I was actually more lonely when I was married.

I have friends, but need to keep them at bay...
hate talking on the telephone, and really love quiet alone down time....crave it and need it to recoup.

I couldn't stand living with someone....as the older I grow, the more comfortable I become.

Maybe when I retire, I'll feel differently about interacting with people more....but honestly, have always enjoyed being alone, and have not felt lonely...

I tried dating for awhile and at the time didn't understand what I was doing, but actually sabotaged relationships b/c I really didn't want to be in one, haven't dated for a very long time, no desire....

LOL, been told I have that don't "approach me" look and it works....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy