Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:30 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,629,308 times

Advertisements

In my OP, I didn’t mention that after I died, it just seemed like my spirit left my body and I became a ghost. Nobody could see me except for other dead people, but I could see and hear the ones living.

I really wanted to find out what exactly would have happened if the dream continued and I went with my grandma wherever it was that we were supposed to go. Do you think that I would have really died if that dream continued?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 03:24 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,679,735 times
No but I dreamed of riding a rollercoaster and then I woke up.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:30 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,373,324 times
Yes, I had a dream back when I was in my early 20s (just before I got married) and in it, I saw myself lying in my bed, almost as though I was watching myself sleeping, and someone began stabbing me over and over again. Woke up just as I was losing consciousness in the dream.

One other dream, and this one really stood out, came out of the blue. I'm female, but in the dream I was a male, probably mid to late 20s, and it seemed to be set back in the 1930s or '40s. I was some sort of gangster (or was somehow connected to gangsters), and was in a hotel room with two other men. I was being pinned down on the floor between two twin beds, one guy kneeling over me with a gun pointed at my head, the other one standing near the door of the room. I knew they were going to kill me, and was beyond terrified, but then closed my eyes found myself praying, 'just do it, get it over with'. Those moments felt like an eternity, but then suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light, and I felt myself die. That's when I woke up.

It was extremely surreal, wasn't a dream that might have come from watching a movie or reading a book or eating certain food...it really did feel like a past life experience. I'll never know for sure though.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:48 AM

7,618 posts, read 4,527,836 times
I use the nicotine patch...one of the side effects is that I can remember much more of my dreams. They are quite vivid. I'm often different ages, often with others from my past. Some pick up, like soap operas, where the others left off....not back to back, but in different times. When I'm ill I'm most likely to have bad dreams.

On occasion I'll die, but I'm prone to stop breathing at night. It's often the case when I write here late at night.

I've had dream in the dream dreams. I've had flying dreams. I had a gun pointed at me demanding money.... I've had fights where I'm powerful and where I'm weak. Sometimes beautiful, sometimes grey. Often, if they run to fruition, quite relaxing and engaging with some component of understanding.

There was a spell where I was having just awful dreams. Figures would want something to be done, but i couldn't make it out. No matter who I spoke with I just wasn't understanding. For a week this went on. Finally I realized and told my wife if she was going to watch her soap operas in Vietnamese in bed she needed to have the earbuds in.

Only one dream went beyond death, however. Compared to most this one was amazingly vivid. I can recall it to this day. I spent two days there. Time was fascinating. It was also the only dream where I could make out clocks. Many happy people, save towards the end. Looking down a long escalator near the entrance was my wife. She looked very sad and lost. My boss told me I had work to do and nodded to her. They kept saying they'd see me later but I was early. I went down to meet her and she was scared. I lead her to the elevator to go down to the parking garage, and as the door closed.

I awoke. I went to church that day. It was the Feast of the Assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy