Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 12:28 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,059,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
What I typed was simply that what I called the anti-natalist aliens would perceive themselves as benevolent, and humans would perceive them as evil, not that good or evil were actual things beyond subjective views. I believe I explained why I think the anti-natalist aliens would likely perceive themselves as benevolent, and why humanity would likely perceive them as evil. If you disagree with that reasoning of mine, you'll have to explain your disagreements in more detail.
Antintalist humans see themselves as benevolent & superior in intelligence to other humans. And they would be wrong.

Assuming aliens were from an advanced civilization; I doubt they would be antinatalist because if they were; they wouldn’t be advanced. Antinatalism is exceedingly anti-evolutionary. Aliens who were antinatalist would probably be idolized by human groupies as their messiahs & become traitors to the human race.

For obvious reasons, they would become a rapidly declining minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 12:29 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,049,746 times
Everything you stated may be true, or not. But what has got me stumped is: Left or Right Twix? I mean, they're both chocolaty good, with crispy wafers inside. But one HAS to be superior to the other, right?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:07 AM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
OP, did you ever discuss the type #5 encounter?

That could happen even with a "Rendezvous with Rama" type of encounter.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:55 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,691,226 times
I think they will be coming for our women.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:32 AM

9,329 posts, read 14,246,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c charlie View Post
@Clintone.

Waded through your post. You're making a lot of assumptions, with out any factual basis

We do not have any evidence whatsoever about any alien species ...

I don't see that we have enough information to make any kind of accurate predictions about aliens who might visit us.
I too waded through it and took the OP's entire post as a metaphor for various trends in human psychology; more specifically conflicts, both creative and destructive, within his own psychology, the aliens within.

At any rate, it is worth sharing because ...

Quote:
... a way of opening minds to new possibilities, and ways of looking at the world, at least to me, and my goal for the above post is to hopefully do some of that.

By the way, from this perspective ...
Quote:
focused primarily on ... "self-actualization"
... it matters not whether humanity or any other species becomes extinct, or how, what matters is how this human or this living creature, lives the life and time allotted to it by the forces of nature.

That's why I take the OP's post as a metaphor for his own psychology.

All the best!

Old 04-09-2019, 09:35 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,059,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I think they will be coming for our women.
No refunds or returns, I suppose?

Old 04-09-2019, 09:37 AM

1,571 posts, read 1,117,795 times
They wont be visiting us because they can't reach us. Personally I prescribe to the fact we arrived too early in our universes history.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:35 AM

9,321 posts, read 11,072,887 times
[/b][/b]QUOTE=kevxu;54885638]Why aliens might destroy humanity for humanitarian reasons

The subject title seems ridiculous.

Aliens wouldn't have our human/humanitarian reasons, they would have alien reasons coming from an alien creature.[/quote]

Yeah.

And OP spends too much time "thinking."

Old 04-09-2019, 01:05 PM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
They wont be visiting us because they can't reach us. Personally I prescribe to the fact we arrived too early in our universes history.
There are reasons to think that.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:18 PM

12,197 posts, read 7,181,584 times
Earth's resources are found throughout the universe. I doubt any advanced life form would travel all this way to get something that can be found in many places.

It doesn't make sense to extinguish another life form because life is actually quite rare in the universe (at least from what we know so far) and the logical thing is to actually study it, interact with it, not kill it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy