U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2010, 03:26 PM

4 posts, read 4,092 times
Default Questions about Queen Creek

Considering relocating back to PHX. If it works out, work will be in the Biltmore area. We used to live in the Camelback Corridor and loved the area and proximity. We'll probably focus our home search closer in but I am amazed at the prices I see online (not sure if valid due to the number of foreclosures), especially in areas far out like Queen Creek. What is this area like? And, what sort of commute is this to central PHX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 10:01 PM

2,909 posts, read 3,157,027 times
The commute from Queen Creek would be at least an hour, maybe more. Try to look at something closer to Biltmore. Its cheap in QC cause its not close to anything.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,240,232 times
I wouldn't suggest it, you would get sick of the commute very quickly, stop and go traffic gets old quick.

The prices are cheap for a reason, you're far away from everything.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:00 PM

40 posts, read 81,980 times
I have to agree with the previous comments. South east Gilbert is quite nice, but traffic really backs up once you get out to queen creek. There just aren't enough roads out there.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:22 PM

164 posts, read 390,552 times
Some parts of QC (city proper) are closer in than some parts of Gilbert. I think it really depends on the specific neighborhood and where you are commuting to. Any area you consider try driving at different times. I wouldn't exclude QC just because it's QC and not Gilbert -- but look at the commute, amenities for YOUR specific case and decide. Saying that, a lot of the crazy good deals are QC addresses but not in the city (instead are in Pinal county) -- that is WAY far out for PHX commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area