Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM

5 posts, read 17,069 times

Advertisements

I was looking at an Apartment in South Scottsdale, called Chazal .. N Miller Road and McDowell Rd. I have been reading lots of posts that the area is unsafe? I like to go out a lot (bars/dining/late night strolls) and as a single person - not getting into any sorts of trouble is my primary concern.

How bad is the area? Any experiences from someone living around there?

I can move North on Scottsdale or Central Phoenix. Any other good recommendations for Apartments? I am looking for a reasonable rate (600-700) 1-bdr apartments and a place where I can spend much of my time outdoors. Day/Night.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 PM

12 posts, read 27,036 times
I would stay north of Thomas for Scottsdale. I don't think the area you're looking at is really all that bad, but for your price range you could do better.

$600-$700 isn't going to happen near old town, but there are pockets of places around that will meet your criteria.

A friend of mine lives by Thomas and Hayden, I think he pays $650 for a 1 bed room. He has a couple of bars and restaurants in walking distance. He loves it and has had no problems.

I would also suggest my old area, Arcadia, between 36th and 44th, and Camelback and Indian School. I think the area technically extends beyond that, but inside those boundaries are what you're looking for. I liked this area because its safe, affordable, and is a reasonable commute to most things in the Phoenix area. Drive through the area and look at the privately owned condos and apartments for rent. They are less expensive, and most of them have the same amenities.

Check out: Postino's, the Vig, La Grande Orange, Hazelwoods, Zipps, Arcadia Tavern, and Havana Cafe.

Take Camelback or Indian School east, and its a straight shot to Old Town Scottsdale and all of the bars and restaurants therein.

Take Camelback west to the light rail station at central, and its a short ride to Suns and D'backs games, as well as the First Friday artwalk, and the downtown clubs and restaurants.

Have fun! I know I did!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:52 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,416,255 times
That area is not the greatest, but not horrible either. You're pretty far from Old Town, at least not walking distance, so that means you need a DD.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,687 times
I'm looking at the Summertree apartments off of Granada and 70th. I am 56 years old, will be living alone. I know nothing about this neighborhood, but it looked old and established, and not far from the Botanical gardens, and old towne Scottsdale. Does anyone know if this is a safe, fairly quiet and decent area?

I appreciate your replies. I would be moving around the end of June. The people I have contacted about Summertree have been very nice, and even though its an older complex the grounds look well maintained.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanFireDragon View Post
I was looking at an Apartment in South Scottsdale, called Chazal .. N Miller Road and McDowell Rd. I have been reading lots of posts that the area is unsafe? I like to go out a lot (bars/dining/late night strolls) and as a single person - not getting into any sorts of trouble is my primary concern.

How bad is the area? Any experiences from someone living around there?

I can move North on Scottsdale or Central Phoenix. Any other good recommendations for Apartments? I am looking for a reasonable rate (600-700) 1-bdr apartments and a place where I can spend much of my time outdoors. Day/Night.

Thanks
Try Sunscape Condo's - they are just south of Indian School and on the west side of Hayden.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:34 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Tracy View Post
Try Sunscape Condo's - they are just south of Indian School and on the west side of Hayden.
Tracy, you responded to a year old post. The person who needs advice asked about the Summertree Apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area