Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times

Advertisements

That's Lansing, but check out Kalamazoo, where I lived:

Saturday - High of 86 at 70% Humidity Low of 69.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 01:45 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
I agree with the OP. I was in Sierra Vista over the week. It was 10 degrees cooler but more humid. I couldn't stand it. There were bugs everywhere. By the end of the day, my face felt greasy. My allergies started to bother me and my family more as well. We couldn't wait to return to the dry heat.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:11 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,875,918 times
After reading your post azriverfan, and having endured a nasty spring, I was thinking of chucking it all and moving down to PHX now, but I think I'll enjoy the best part of Portland's weather first, and then come down for the best part of PHX's.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:16 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,566,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree with the OP. I was in Sierra Vista over the week. It was 10 degrees cooler but more humid. I couldn't stand it. There were bugs everywhere. By the end of the day, my face felt greasy. My allergies started to bother me and my family more as well. We couldn't wait to return to the dry heat.

Hey, that's just like it is almost everyday in the 4 months "summer" in Houston.
Sweaty, humid, bugs biting you all the time...fun. Not. And Houstonians/Texans just do not understand why I don't want to come back there at all...I wonder why?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:08 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Hey, that's just like it is almost everyday in the 4 months "summer" in Houston.
Sweaty, humid, bugs biting you all the time...fun. Not. And Houstonians/Texans just do not understand why I don't want to come back there at all...I wonder why?
VERY nice up here in Cottonwood today. The temp. is 91, humidity 9% and heat index, 87. Feels nice today after the higher humidity yesterday! I don't usually even turn the cooler on till about 2-3 PM.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:31 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Duh, people do move here for the weather, thank God for it too, they certainly don't move here for anything else. lol I'm just kidding. Sort of.

You will need a large bottle of lotion, and a mask for dust storms, oh, and a lot of pledge. he he

Sometimes you will pray for rain, even dance a bit but thats ok, it bonds us all when there is finally a rain storm and we all run outside and play in it like we are 10 again. Laughing, hey look you guys, rain. lol We even run in and tell people to come outside and see the rain, like it's a UFO citing. haha

You certainly won't feel ANY moisture. lol So, you are home free. lol

Enjoy!

Reminds me, I need to do a "first storm" prediction. lol

Old 06-26-2010, 01:48 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Maybe the heat just gets old with Phoenix residents year after year with no let up?
Hope I feel the same way after a few years there and don't tire of it, also.

***Could someone clue me into the months for the monsoons?????
That's exactly right. It's been over 20 years since I've lived in Phoenix, but that was the thing that always stood out for me ~ folks visit for a week and the heat is very tolerable for MOST everyone. But the day in/day out, months long heat is tolerable to fewer. I live in San Antonio now, so I can relate to your feeling about the humidity (even tho it's considerably less humid in SA than Houston). And I've been "home" (Phoenix and Tonopah) for a visit for about 3 weeks now. I wanna move back here SO bad! I am absolutely LOVING the weather here! And I also wish I could stay long enough for the monsoons. That was always my favorite part of summer when I was a kid. Will be sad to miss it.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 AM

8 posts, read 9,705 times
Yes, you are nuts. But the good kind, like cashews.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:27 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,566,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
That's exactly right. It's been over 20 years since I've lived in Phoenix, but that was the thing that always stood out for me ~ folks visit for a week and the heat is very tolerable for MOST everyone. But the day in/day out, months long heat is tolerable to fewer. I live in San Antonio now, so I can relate to your feeling about the humidity (even tho it's considerably less humid in SA than Houston). And I've been "home" (Phoenix and Tonopah) for a visit for about 3 weeks now. I wanna move back here SO bad! I am absolutely LOVING the weather here! And I also wish I could stay long enough for the monsoons. That was always my favorite part of summer when I was a kid. Will be sad to miss it.
At least I won't get the sore throats from drainage, water draining out of my ears and down my sinus cavities and all those aches and pains you get from the humidity in Houston anymore. I was sick--like most of the Houston population--1/3rd of the year. Talk about getting realllllly old....

And, heaven forbid, in Houston when it gets down to 29-32 degrees: the humidity and all that water in the air causes the cold to just get waaaay down into your bones and joints. And this is for everyone and not just the geezers, too. It was just too freezing cold at 32 degrees as I remember. And up here near Chicago I run around in a light sweater at 32 degrees...big difference when there is no humidity in the air.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:37 PM

932 posts, read 1,963,505 times
I was in Marana, a farming town just north of Tucson, for a week and you can definetly tell the difference when humidety is higher. It was hot but man I kept on getting bitten by mosquitoes. So yeah 108 degrees dry heat, I'm lovin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area