Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 AM

134 posts, read 514,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
One of my favorite things.

I know. Someone walks a mile in a store and can't go the extra 30' to put the cart in that nice receptacle. Now some poor kid has to walk around the parking lot getting carts and I have to drive around trying to find a spot that isn't blocked by a cart.
That bothers me for a awhile but kinda got use to is. But have seen many who went the extra "mile" to push the cart to the "resting place". Blocking a parking spot is one thing but carts can move and even hit/"dent" other parked vehicles (have seen this a few times). H

That bothers me for a awhile but kinda got use to is. But have seen many who went the extra "mile" to push the cart to the "resting place". Blocking a parking spot is one thing but carts can move and even hit/"dent" other parked vehicles (have seen this a few times). On the other hand it was suggested to me that this provides jobs.

Scorpions - does seem that it can be problem in one area and not in another. After we moved to the north part of Peoria from central Peoria and seen a few live ones - we became believers. Using pest controls helps - have not seen one in the house (yet - so ok to be barefoot in the house) but had occasionally seen one or 2 in the yard. The scorpions are just part of living here (just not in the house - please.) and move on with the rest of our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomingChange View Post
What a great post for me to wake up to this morning! My husband was offered a position in Chandler this week so we are heading to AZ, August 5th to check out the area before accepting. Gilbert is one of the cities we've been focusing on. We currently live in a suburb of Cleveland (snowbelt) so I can relate to the winter weather you mentioned, but thankfully I experience kindness from people here more than not.

The idea of moving to this area is very exciting but also scarey deciding to move three children ages 5-11 across the country. We just want to make the right decision as I'm sure you experienced.

Thank you again for such a positive post that included the biggest pros and a few cons you've encountered! It's making me feel better about things.
Congrats to you!! Bright sunny skies await you this Winter

Old 07-29-2010, 10:24 AM

18 posts, read 77,201 times
Default Welcome to Gilbert!

My husband and I moved to Gilbert from Chicago last year and have no regrets. We just went back to Chicago for a visit over 4th of July and I couldn't wait to get back to AZ! We do miss the food from Chicago though, but have found a couple places in Gilbert that give us a taste from home. Check out Jimmy's of Chicago on Gilbert/Pecos for Italian food and Great Taste of Chicago on Val Vista for a good hot dog.

We have yet to see a scorpion, but we have encountered a few black widows outside.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,796 times
This thread just makes me smile. I get so excited when I hear people loving where they live.

I too love the whoosh of hot air on my skin after I've been inside of a cold building. I rarely run the AC in my car where I currently live. That could change in Phoenix, but I don't think I'll ever dislike the initial whoosh feeling!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Me too. We felt the same way when we moved here in the late 90s.

AZ is just a great place to live man.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:12 PM

9 posts, read 30,009 times
I am moving to Gilbert in September after visiting family there the last few years. i love it there already. i did find it interesting how you said people were in chicago werent that friendly. when i visited i found chicago to be a very friendly place.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:15 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
This thread just makes me smile. I get so excited when I hear people loving where they live.

I too love the whoosh of hot air on my skin after I've been inside of a cold building. I rarely run the AC in my car where I currently live. That could change in Phoenix, but I don't think I'll ever dislike the initial whoosh feeling!

Funny I like that feeling too

Old 07-29-2010, 06:16 PM

284 posts, read 700,847 times
Glad to know someone else thinks not returning carts is rude. My granddaughter here from Texas (10 years old) told me I didn't have to take the cart back. I said people who didn't are rude. She said are you calling my mom rude? Well, if the shoe fits... but I didn't say that to her!!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 PM

28 posts, read 112,512 times
moved from dallas to gilbert several months ago and love the area as well!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianR View Post
Glad to know someone else thinks not returning carts is rude. My granddaughter here from Texas (10 years old) told me I didn't have to take the cart back. I said people who didn't are rude. She said are you calling my mom rude? Well, if the shoe fits... but I didn't say that to her!!

LOL...I say it, because if the shoe fits....I have no issues with the truth, and I did that in WY, MN, AK, and here the carts go somewhere...in the corral
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area