U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM

9 posts, read 12,530 times
Default Advice in looking for roommates in Tempe?

I plan to move to the Tempe area end of this year and am looking for any advice on searching for roommates for I will not be able to afford a place on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 PM

3,030 posts, read 3,837,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodysfool4766 View Post
I plan to move to the Tempe area end of this year and am looking for any advice on searching for roommates for I will not be able to afford a place on my own.
Find some more money...

Having roommates is never an ideal situation. If you must, look on Craigslist, there are lots of them available.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,134,908 times
Ya definitely look on craiglist. Because of ASU it is common in Tempe to have roommates so it shouldn't be hard to find a room. Some people even rent out spare bedrooms.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 AM

Location: A circle of Hell so insidious, infernal and odious, Dante dared not map it
623 posts, read 604,030 times
I considered roommates once and went to roommates.com.

I was just honest about myself and got a decent amount of replies. The only catch is something about a paid subscription or something like that, I wasn't clear on all the details. Whatever it was affected sending messages to people. I could send messages, but couldn't read anything sent to me. The way around that was sending people my email address so we could talk. For the most part I could get through to people and we corresponded via email.

I don't know what you're looking for in a roommate, but I'd just say be cautious. I considered roommates out of desperation, but otherwise that would be so hard for me to do again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area