Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:38 AM

204 posts, read 626,132 times

Advertisements

I noticed his name when he first started campaigning but, just like celebrities do, he is now using "controversy" to really get his name out there. I'm not sure anyone would have given him a second look if he hadn't done his most recent ad...saying things like "Obama is the worst president we've ever had" is a guaranteed way to get your name out there.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:29 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,594,552 times
I can't believe his "name recognition" helps... his dad was dumber than a box of rocks, I'd have changed my name it it was me running...

Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM

38,957 posts, read 50,883,019 times
Ben Quayle has an ad that starts out something like "Barack Obama is the worst president in history." Obama may not be the best but anyone who makes a statement like that was asleep during US History class and lacks the knowledge, perspective and maturity to be in the Congress IMO.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,707,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Now the guy is going to win congress. Oh well, Saturday Night Live will have great new material.
I wouldn't get too excited. This is, after all, Arizona. Expectations should not be very high. That is John Shadegg's district, so it can't get too much worse.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:11 PM

204 posts, read 626,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
I can't believe his "name recognition" helps... his dad was dumber than a box of rocks, I'd have changed my name it it was me running...
Lol right?

"I was recently on tour of Latin America and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people"

Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,211,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I would be interested to see how much of his campaign contributions are from out of state corporations/people vs. the other guys.
It doesn't matter. He still requires votes from District 3 residents. Regardless of how much money he is given, we should be intelligent enough to recognize he is a terrible candidate in every regard.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveeast31 View Post
Lol right?

"I was recently on tour of Latin America and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people"

po-ta-to, po-tat-oe... to-ma-toe, to-mat-o...

Old 08-13-2010, 02:43 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,211,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Most politicians are like this. How do you think Hillary Clinton wound up in NY?
I agree about Clinton. At the same time, let's be honest, she had hell of a lot more experience with politics than 33 year old Ben Quayle. I mean when you are living in the White House for 8 years and a member of several committees, you have a first hand view of what goes on. And we all know Hillary wasn't the passive First Lady who just got dolled up and made appearances waving her hand. She was very active and involved in the political process, almost to her husband's detriment. I mean she single handedly led the early health care reform effort so she wasn't just someone sitting on the sidelines and I think we all know that. What experience does Ben have other than partying in New York and SF as a corporate lawyer? I'm not defending Hillary but you can't compare her to Ben Quayle. I don't even like Hillary but I'm just being honest.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What experience does Ben have other than partying in New York and SF as a corporate lawyer? I'm not defending Hillary but you can't compare her to Ben Quayle. I don't even like Hillary but I'm just being honest.
Wellll.... for one thing, he was able to identify "the hottest woman in Scottsdale"...

The thing is, I really can't identify with either party anymore - it always ends up being one silver-spooned multi-millionaire against another, trying to twist that one summer job "at the plant" or "on the farm" into an understanding of "the average american". They just don't "get" it, and they can't possibly "get it" with their life experiences.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:38 PM

117 posts, read 250,185 times
His campaign as is ridiculous. Saying "Obama is the worst president in the history of the United States" is total garbage. He hasn't even been in office two year yet he is comparing him to 46 other presidents based on that.

He looks like a young tool to me and the controversy of "the hottest women in Scottsdale" proved it. He is a nobody I don't care if his last name is Quayle. It is like saying your last name is Bush and getting elected President because of it. Oh wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area