Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 11:36 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times

Advertisements

I have a client who is moving here from Pennsylvania and will be buying a house after she gets settled. In the mean time I helped her find a short term rental in El Mirage. When I went on the City of El Mirage website to find out the procedure for my client to get the water service in her name I found out that as of August 11, 2010 only the owner of a property can have water service in their name. Even the listing agent who is also the owner of the property didn't know this yet. I wonder if anyone in El Mirage received some kind of notification about this change before it happened. I can't blame the city for doing this, more than likely got tired of too many renters skipping out on their water bills. Of course this will mean a little more work for owners who have rentals there and they will have to reword their lease agreement paperwork. I wonder how many more cities around and including Phoenix are planning on or already do this? Guess I'll have to research it because I will obviously need to know this for my clients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: