U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:53 PM

3,008 posts, read 2,432,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
The schedule does not show all of the stops, apparently. It is in between the McDowell/Central and Van Buren/Central stops.

http://www.valleymetro.org/images/up...l-Line-Map.pdf
Thank you. You're more helpful than the VM website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 12:57 PM

15,909 posts, read 11,374,951 times
You can get off near the Chinese Cultural Center too, but it's all stores no culture

Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,619,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
People are still not paying to board, the powers that be studied rail systems in other cities but left out one important aspect, the successful cities used turnstyles. Even companies with credit card passes are not being billed for employee use because the worker doesn't bother to swipe their card before getting on the train.
I get checked by fare inspectors fairly frequently which should be taking care of both the non-payers and the non-swipers. Turnstiles don't work on at-grade systems like this. All you would have to do to avoid the turnstiles would be to cross the tracks in front of the station, which many people do anyway.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:50 PM

3,854 posts, read 5,741,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Tomorrow or next weekend I plan on heading into Phoenix via the light rail from my place in Tempe. I'd like to get off here and there to explore and hop back on to other stops.
Let me give you a heads up about the ghetto west side of the rail. The last stop on the rail line, in front of target and chase, has nothing but beggars and welfare moms. Could only make such a judgment when she has one baking in the oven along with two others in hand. Yet she is wanting someone to pay for her ticket... This has nothing to do with the economy either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There's not as much open in the central part of downtown on Sundays as Mondays.
Yep isn't that special? Downtown consists of large corporations and because of that its a M-F town like a small town would be. lol

Old 08-29-2010, 08:02 PM

652 posts, read 1,496,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Let me give you a heads up about the ghetto west side of the rail. The last stop on the rail line, in front of target and chase, has nothing but beggars and welfare moms. Could only make such a judgment when she has one baking in the oven along with two others in hand. Yet she is wanting someone to pay for her ticket... This has nothing to do with the economy either...
I've never had a problem with the last stop on the line - I like to take it there to Target.

As far as the original poster's question goes - Monday may be a better day for the simple reason that the trains are more frequent and if you plan on stopping a lot it may make a difference.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM

3,854 posts, read 5,741,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
I've never had a problem with the last stop on the line - I like to take it there to Target.
Good for you.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM

3,363 posts, read 4,221,102 times
What I'm curious about is: I was on 19th Avenue (north of Bethany) the other day, and the street was sectioned off as if some kind of a major construction project was taking place. I know that further northward expansion of the light rail line is planned for 19th Avenue, but not sure if that was what the construction was related to. I seem to remember hearing that expansion of this line was delayed due to budget constraints.

Also, on the the corner of 19th Avenue and Dunlap, a strip mall appears to have been torn down. Is this also because of light rail expansion ... or is this just another group of buildings that fell victim to the "poor economy" and now there's yet another unslightly vacant lot in its place for God knows how long???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: