Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM

8 posts, read 12,458 times

Advertisements

I would love to do a townhome. Are you saying rent a townhome or buy? Either way both would be good, any specific good ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,029,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle0k View Post
I'm gonan be checking out the Milano Terrace and BELLA TERRA CONDOMINIUMS this weekend. Anyone have any info on those?

Here is a link to a posting about Bella Terra.

Seeking info on Bella Terra Condos in Scottsdale area

Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Quote:
I would love to do a townhome. Are you saying rent a townhome or buy? Either way both would be good, any specific good ones?

I just did a search for you on Realtor.com
Just these two listings in the community: "Venu" came up for Scottsdale- in the $130,000-$180,000 range for multi-level townhomes and condos/1-2 car garages/0-10 yrs old.

Scottsdale real estate & Scottsdale homes for sale | Condos,Townhomes,Co-ops - REALTOR.com®

I personally think buying a townhome would be a far better move than renting one- reason being because you won't ever make a profit from renting a townhome or condo from someone- same as living in an apartment!

Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 PM

8 posts, read 12,458 times
We found the venu and unfortunatly you cannot get a loan out on those places, because they have a couple issues. Anything similar to it would be PERFECT

Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 5,250 times
I bought a condo at the Bella Terra earlier this year, and personally I think it's a great place. I have looked at all the other condos in the area, the Allison, Milano Terrace, Signature etc. and they all have positives and negatives. I'm not going to say that Bella Terra is perfect, but in my opinion it was the best value for the money.

The location of it is perfect, Shea and Tatum area is really where you want to be, the homes around here are spectacular, after all you are on the border of PV and it's close to all types of shopping. I love the green space and trails just outside of Bella Terra, it's perfect for that after work dog walk or bike ride. The club house and pool area is really nice and well upkept. I saw another post mentioning late night parties at the pool area. That may have been the case before but now there is no using the pool after 11pm as security is there at night and they ask you to leave, trust me I know, as I was there late one night and asked to leave. The complex looks great on the outside, landscaping is always in great shape and the conversion in 2006 was in my opinion one of the better one's of all the condo conversions I've seen in Scottsdale.

There are condos in that complex with a garage, though all of them don't have one. The complex has some small negatives such as being on a busy road and not having recycling capabilities. Also like with all other area of Phoenix right now, plenty of empty units are in foreclosure and short sales because of the economy.

If you are looking for the long term, then waiting out the economic downturn should be really positive as these units will eventually get new owners, and as for the car noise on Shea, quite simply don't buy a unit near the road, find one on the other side of the complex like me and it is extremely quiet.

I have been looking for a condo for over two years before I picked the Bella Terra. I searched most of Scottsdale, Fountain Hills and other parts of the Valley and I ended up going with Bella Terra, so that should tell you something. That being said, I encourage you to also do the rounds like every savvy investor and make your own decision but I do believe that Bella Terra should be at the top of your list if you are looking for a condo in Scottsdale in the price range you mentioned. Again just my two cents.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:12 PM

461 posts, read 1,449,794 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,
I am currently looking to buy a condo somewhere in scottsdale in the 130-180k range. I am looking for nice ones, that have things like granite countertops , newer appliances, and multi-level. I want something with 2 bedrooms and doesnt matter how many baths.

My lacation range is East of scottsdale rd but not to far past the 101. north of, but including, mccormick ranch but south of,but including the frank lloyd wright exit.

I have found The Allisons. They are what I am looking for but have a couple drawbacks. The insides are EXACTLY what I am looking for, but the drawbacks come from the outside. From the outside they look exactly like apartments,which also means no garage... I would deffinitely prefer a garage , but thats not a deal breaker.

Is there anything else anyone can recommend, Ive been looking for a while and am having a hard time finding any with my quality requirements and price range. Seems most everything is either a shack/dump and really cheap, or amazing but 300k+.
I have an Allison Condo, I really would not recommend. Their Maintenence is absolutely horrible. Completely inept, like taking over a month to fix a routine problem and something is always breaking. We are getting out of here as soon as we can!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times
Hey Guys
I just purchased a condo in Milano Terrace, and I just love it!
Great grounds, beautifully maintained! Next to the Stone Creek Golf Course! Lots of walking paths!
I have my own garage!
I have been looking since March. I liked Bella Terra well enough, but I love Milano Terrace!
The condo community director is great! She looks after you!
My condo has vaulted ceilings, and already feels like home!
What more could you ask, as well as being close to everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area