Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 PM

72 posts, read 176,171 times

Advertisements

What all do I need? I don't have the title to the car. I have current registration in my home state long with proof of insurance. Is that all I need, or do I need something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
All your questions will be answered here:

Motor Vehicle Division

Old 08-31-2010, 02:49 PM

122 posts, read 719,711 times
Just registered 3 vehicles here. MVD needed my title only. However, I had to send my old plates and registration back to my original home state.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 PM

710 posts, read 3,391,115 times
Just show up at the MVD with your car. Go through the 'level 1' inspection before you even go inside. It's usually the little covered area next to the main door. They check your car/VIN and give you a sheet of paper. Go inside, take your license, registration, and form from the level 1 inspection, take a number, and that's it. Too easy.

Sometimes they let you keep your license, sometimes they take it, sometimes they punch a hole in it, sometimes they take your old plate, sometimes not. AZ MVD is pretty user-friendly. No need for a title though.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 PM

72 posts, read 176,171 times
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Will my car pass Level 1 inspection with a cracked windshield? I decided to wash my car a few weekends ago and as soon as water hit the windshield I heard this *CRACK* and.. well.. yeah. Short story, not very interesting. Other than that the thing is in pretty good shape, just a little dirty.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:29 PM

78 posts, read 229,215 times
OK, so it sounds like you do not have a new car, which is good news for you. I came out here with a new car... only a Honda, but new nonetheless. I almost fell over when my registration cost $600!!!!! Yeah, your registration is based on the year of and value of your car. I still have that car and the plates are only about $125 a year now, thank God, but I dread the day when I have to go get a new one, and I wish my family had told me this before I moved (since they had all been living here for 10 years or so).

Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0zac View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Will my car pass Level 1 inspection with a cracked windshield? I decided to wash my car a few weekends ago and as soon as water hit the windshield I heard this *CRACK* and.. well.. yeah. Short story, not very interesting. Other than that the thing is in pretty good shape, just a little dirty.
They'll check your emissions.

Don't worry about the windshield.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:53 AM

146 posts, read 388,271 times
I am moving to AZ in Febuary and am going to be staying there for 6-7 months. Do you think the cops are gonna be pulling me over all the time for having out of state plates? I'm trying to save as much money as possible and really wanna avoid getting a new DL and plates, but then again I dont want tickets either....Any advice?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:07 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracorp View Post
I am moving to AZ in Febuary and am going to be staying there for 6-7 months. Do you think the cops are gonna be pulling me over all the time for having out of state plates? I'm trying to save as much money as possible and really wanna avoid getting a new DL and plates, but then again I dont want tickets either....Any advice?
It doesn't sound as if you're required to register your vehicle if your stay is seven months or less. Check out the Arizona MVD website here --> Motor Vehicle Division Now, being pulled over just for out of state plates is possible, but unlikely.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:21 AM

146 posts, read 388,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
It doesn't sound as if you're required to register your vehicle if your stay is seven months or less. Check out the Arizona MVD website here --> Motor Vehicle Division Now, being pulled over just for out of state plates is possible, but unlikely.

Thank You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: