U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,538,140 times
10 record high lows for the Phoenix area just this year with expectations of worse to come.

The weather might not kill you but the a/c bill will.

http://azstarnet.com/article_976f692...e1e605d44.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM

619 posts, read 871,764 times
If you can't handle the heat move up to a city at 3,000-4,500ft. The summers are bearable and you will only get a couple of snow showers during the winter, the sun will shovel your driveway in a few hours time.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 PM

2,943 posts, read 3,617,670 times
Quote:
10 record high lows for the Phoenix area just this year with expectations of worse to come.
The article (which is really about Tucson) said:
"But in Phoenix, chief weather service meteorologist Gary Woodall said that higher dew points may have been a factor, particularly in late August, when the minimum low temperatures set records four times - out of 10 such records for the entire summer."

Higher dew points is the culprit, and I'm sure that is related to the cyclical ocean patterns off the coast of central and south America....

Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM

926 posts, read 1,046,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAPepper View Post
I imagine that's what a lot of people think about during the hottest months. It's really worth it when the nicest weather to be found anywhere comes around when the summer's over!

Yikes! You are brave. Running 6 miles in 113 WOULD kill me, LOL.
Yeah, in the summer a lot of Phoenicians would rather be in a cooler place but October through May we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Wierd that I got a sun burn on a 75 degree day in March but I have yet to have one since summer started and is coming to a close. I have ran 6 out of 7 days a week for 2 months now. Plus many days during June and July. All I have come out with is a good tan, which is more or less my actual skin tone.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,621,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAPepper View Post
So true! My husband loves AZ for it's proximity to skiing in the winter. I get warm weather in the winter, he gets cold weather vacations - everyone wins!
My feelings exactly. I have lived in much 'worse' places than AZ, or they were to me because I was born here and used to the variations. No matter where I've lived, or for how long, I have always come back home. Now I'm too old, tired and lazy to move anywhere else.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM

8,466 posts, read 10,553,422 times
I was freezing my arse off this morning. Must have been 79 in the house.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 AM

862 posts, read 1,310,339 times
This morning held a promise of something like "fall"to me. Just a hint of crisp, the first we have felt!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 PM

60 posts, read 46,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
This morning held a promise of something like "fall"to me. Just a hint of crisp, the first we have felt!
Yes, looks like you guys are getting some terrific weather over there! You must be celebrating!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM

16,874 posts, read 19,959,238 times
64 degrees here overnight. Had the doors open this morning for the first time since...well I don't remember but it's been months.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:04 PM

134 posts, read 262,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I was freezing my arse off this morning. Must have been 79 in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
64 degrees here overnight. Had the doors open this morning for the first time since...well I don't remember but it's been months.
Likewise it was in the 60s at 6am in N Peoria. Left the door/windows open for a while. Hope it means less money for APS and more savings for us!

The heat has not kill us YET (still better than the teens or lower temperature in NJ/NY and the windchill or -30 in Ottawa). A few friends have problem with dry (itch) skin and another lesson we learn is the power of the sun. The sun is harsh - made some mistakes leaving things expose to the sun (children toys, furniture ... including the bare skin.)

I won't be able to jog, grill, golf or hike (nice hiking areas with the mountains)
in 115 (a few of our friends can do that but they have been here for 20 years) but it is not that bad here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area