Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 02:36 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times

Advertisements

I don't care how cheap the beer is or how good the food is. I'm looking for a place that shows all NFL games on Sunday, a place with the DirectTV Sunday Ticket. A place where I can watch the Lions and track fantasy action at all times.

There's Buffalo Wild Wings locations around but they don't open until 11. NFL games begin at 10am out here, right?

Last edited by Bondurant; 09-06-2010 at 02:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 06:38 PM

6 posts, read 12,473 times
Native New Yorker on Broadway shows them all I think. Or you can go to Pranksters also on Broadway and jsut ask them to put it on one of the TVs, theyre always willing to do that.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM

Thank you. I don't know either place but will look for them tomorrow. I live near McClintock & Apache so they're probably not too far.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,224 times
I would call BWW, most sports bars will open early during football season to accomidate the game schedule.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 AM

6 posts, read 12,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Thank you. I don't know either place but will look for them tomorrow. I live near McClintock & Apache so they're probably not too far.
I used to live RIGHT there too, HAHA. Pranksters is on Broadway and Rural near the Safeway. A one minute drive for you or ten minute walk. Native New Yorker is even closser to McClintock on Broadway.

One of the bar tenders at Pranksters, is a Lions fan as well so he'll be happy to put it on one of the big screens (forget his name at the moment). They have three big screens and a great layout. My favorite Tempe bar.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:40 AM

310 posts, read 1,160,528 times
Why not just get Direct TV with the Sunday ticket in your house? Thats what we did. After going to the bars every week and ordering beers, food, and tips every week....our tab was usually at least 50 dollars a week...it ended up being more cost effective to order Direct TV with the ticket.....plus now I get to watch my teams in my pjs! And you can drink as much as you want and not have to worry about getting a ride home! Now, our friends come to our house every Sunday- and they bring the food/drinks- we supply the TV!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:54 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Every bar in the city will show all the games...and be open by 10am.

The name of one of my favorite places has inexplicably escaped me. It is on Dobson and Southern...near MCC. Maybe somebody knows or I'll remember.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightgirl151 View Post
Why not just get Direct TV with the Sunday ticket in your house? Thats what we did. After going to the bars every week and ordering beers, food, and tips every week....our tab was usually at least 50 dollars a week...it ended up being more cost effective to order Direct TV with the ticket.....plus now I get to watch my teams in my pjs! And you can drink as much as you want and not have to worry about getting a ride home! Now, our friends come to our house every Sunday- and they bring the food/drinks- we supply the TV!
Sound easy enough but at the moment I don't have a tv or a dish. Would have to drop major cash up front and then another $300 on Sunday Ticket. One day....one day...

The bars will have to do for now. Need to see the Lions.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
I would call BWW, most sports bars will open early during football season to accomidate the game schedule.
Yep, called the BWW on Mayo and they open at 9:00a on Football Sundays. Call your local bar.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereToNext View Post
I used to live RIGHT there too, HAHA. Pranksters is on Broadway and Rural near the Safeway. A one minute drive for you or ten minute walk. Native New Yorker is even closser to McClintock on Broadway.

One of the bar tenders at Pranksters, is a Lions fan as well so he'll be happy to put it on one of the big screens (forget his name at the moment). They have three big screens and a great layout. My favorite Tempe bar.
Thanks for the Pranksters tip. Aside from the Lions getting jobbed, I had a great time and will make Pranksters my Sunday home. Loved the local vibe. Most of the guys there knew each other just from showing up for the games.

The Lions supporting bartender is no longer there but I have no problem arriving early each Sunday to make sure the Lions game is on one of the big screens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area