Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 5,383 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know why the noise barrier wall on 202 freeway near Price Rd is lower than the one near Dobson Rd. And the higher noise barrier wall doesn't tight together with the the Lower one. There is a openning between them. Why?

I just bought a house near there. And the house is near to the opening on the lower noise barrier side.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,574,098 times
You should call ADOT. They're more likely to have an answer for you.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:27 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
You should call ADOT. They're more likely to have an answer for you.
They do have all that information. I'd call myself, rather than asking my realtor, who might then call but may not get all the information and followup questions/answers that you want.

Either way, I doubt that noise is going to be an issue at all inside, and not likely much to notice outside, either. I live very near the 101, 1/2 mile as the crow flies, with no sound barrier, and no problem.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:04 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,075 times
If I am looking at the correct location...

The actual wall heights may vary but it appears that the wall closest to Price Rd is on a berm, effectively keeping the same distance from top of wall to top of pavement.

As for the gap this is pretty common when sound walls overlap. Besides it being used for maintenance access (evidence of this in county aerial maps) there is an overlap of nearly 140 feet. It's safe to say that this distance...wall heights...locations...all meet the federal guidelines for noise reduction barriers.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:29 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Some suggestions:
As stated above call ADOT.
Drive out there day and night and stand in the area of your future house, especially pm drive home time and check for noise.
If you call ADOT ask about the proposed route for the CANAMEX highway in the area.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Some suggestions:
As stated above call ADOT.
Drive out there day and night and stand in the area of your future house, especially pm drive home time and check for noise.
If you call ADOT ask about the proposed route for the CANAMEX highway in the area.
Unless I'm totally misreading the map, the proposed Canamex Highway doesn't go near that area. http://www.canamex.org/CanaMexAZ_I10.asp (broken link) See also http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/20...ghway-project/

Going from Southern AZ to hook up with Hwy 93 at Wickenburg is not going anywhere near Chandler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area