Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 13,141 times

Advertisements

I am a divorced 46 year old African American female relocating to Arizona from Charlotte, NC. My job will be located in Tempe. Any information about the city and surrounding areas as well as things to do would be greatly appreciated....Also, I need contacts for rental properties. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 10:34 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Definitely do a search on this forum to find your answers. Tempe has been talked about a lot. Also, the same for rentals, plus google helps.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 AM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
If you decide to rent, Apartment Finders/Locators type free services are super helpful as well. I was driving or calling apartments for hours with no luck in finding that suite my $-wise and features/location-wise.

I ended up using the one on "[SIZE=-1]13648 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix[/SIZE]", the lady way super nice and within like 10-15 minutes she found a great one for me (where I live right now). They are also able to negotiate and get you the best bargains/specials that you probably couldn't get on your own.

Good Luck with your move.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 AM

3 posts, read 13,141 times
Default Thank You

Thank You all for the information regarding my move. I appreciate it.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:50 PM

106 posts, read 284,636 times
good luck with your search, i will be moving next week and driving cross country *eek* i am very excited.

i have been looking for apartments on the various rental websites, but the best one is Apartments.com - Free Nationwide Apartment Search with the Most Visual Rental Listings Online.

i have just about found an apartment using this website and it is great when looking at the different areas of phoenix, it gets confusing using the forums and hearing the locals talk about borders and streets to stay away from and then trying to find the areas by looking down at my tiny triple AAA map.

good luck!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:05 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel2Bfound View Post
I am a divorced 46 year old African American female relocating to Arizona from Charlotte, NC. My job will be located in Tempe. Any information about the city and surrounding areas as well as things to do would be greatly appreciated....Also, I need contacts for rental properties. Thanks!
I'm in Charlotte for one more day and then I'm off to Myrtle Beach I would look for something in South Tempe or Ahwatukee. Check craigslist. I found my rental in Myrtle Beach on craigslist. You may get a nice condo for rent in Ahwatukee. Apartment Finders are good to, just mention those areas.

What are you looking to do for entertainment?

Old 07-16-2007, 04:06 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,953 times
Well, I moved from AZ, Tempe, to Charlotte.. Tempe is nice, but older.. Depends on how much you want to spend as pricing is quite a bit higher there. I like South of 60 East of I-10, but longer commutes!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Well, I moved from AZ, Tempe, to Charlotte.. Tempe is nice, but older.. Depends on how much you want to spend as pricing is quite a bit higher there. I like South of 60 East of I-10, but longer commutes!

South Tempe is newer. How are you liking Charlotte? I loved it!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,953 times
Yes South Tempe is newer, but unless you talk Awatukee you aren't getting really new. To get new, you need to hit Mesa (EAST!!!), Gilbert, Chandler, and the likes. Tempe is city locked, so no expansion. As far as APTs.. I liked the ones on Grove, I think 5 to choose from.

Charlotte Rocks. Hopefully buying a house this week. God Bless 80 degree days in the Summer!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Yes South Tempe is newer, but unless you talk Awatukee you aren't getting really new. To get new, you need to hit Mesa (EAST!!!), Gilbert, Chandler, and the likes. Tempe is city locked, so no expansion. As far as APTs.. I liked the ones on Grove, I think 5 to choose from.

Charlotte Rocks. Hopefully buying a house this week. God Bless 80 degree days in the Summer!

South Tempe is newer than Ahwatukee. I'm talking south of Warner area. Those houses were built in the late 90's-2000.

Yeah Charlotte does rock! The weather is glorious you are right. Awesome! It's funny how people complain about the heat here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area