Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,368 times

Advertisements

I am a single female who has been unable to make it in Tucson, therefore have decided to try out Phoenix. I want to know the best area for someone like me to live. I will also be looking for work so if someone can tell me the best area to look. I believe there is the Central, West and East Valley which means nothing to me because I know absolutely nothing about Phoenix. If someone can give some possible clear direction it would be greatly appreciated. Starting new is not an easy process but I guess we all have to do it at least once in our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Where you end up working is going to be a big influence on where you want to live. The Phoenix area is very spread out, and you don't want a long commute, which can get very tiring over time. So, start with the job part. Looking from Tucson will be a lot easier than looking from out of state. The job market is essentially the same all over the Valley; you don't say anything about the field or fields you are looking for jobs in. You'll get a better feel for the Valley as you come up here on job contacts, interviews, etc.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 AM

102 posts, read 414,611 times
You don't mention your age or skill set so it's kind of difficult to give you an idea of where to start. Starting with the job part is definitely the best way to go though.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,368 times
Thanks all for your feedback. I guess my main concern is finding a safe area to reside.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,511 times
There are good and not so good areas all over the valley so as others have said finding a job first should be the main focus. Then it will be no problem finding a good area nearby. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
There are LOTS of safe areas all over the Valley. Find the job first, then we can help with finding areas to live, if you need help!

Old 09-29-2010, 12:07 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,174,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee60 View Post
I am a single female who has been unable to make it in Tucson, therefore have decided to try out Phoenix. I want to know the best area for someone like me to live. I will also be looking for work so if someone can tell me the best area to look. I believe there is the Central, West and East Valley which means nothing to me because I know absolutely nothing about Phoenix. If someone can give some possible clear direction it would be greatly appreciated. Starting new is not an easy process but I guess we all have to do it at least once in our lives.
Why not take a ride up here and visit? It is only 2 hours away.

You can spend the day checking out neighborhoods. Maybe neighborhoods near a potential place of employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area