Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did you move to Phoenix, or why do you dream of moving to Phoenix?
Snowless winter, climate 48 60.76%
Job prospect 20 25.32%
Family/friends 14 17.72%
Low cost of housing 22 27.85%
Esthetics 13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times

Advertisements

I moved here from Tucson because there are more jobs here. Even in this economy I haven' really been out of work.
I did just lose my job a few weeks ago, last week I started sending in resumes and got 2 interviews already.

I also just love the Az sunsets, weather, views, mountains etc. And the fact there there are no rel natural disasters that occur here.
I think about moving to Flagstaff sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
I have enjoyed everyones answers so far! Nice posts!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:36 AM

108 posts, read 306,176 times
Much better Health Care, than where we were. That and the "No Snow" thing. We've only been here for a few months but so far we're luvin" it. There were a few days where it got extremely hot, but we just waited until after dark to do what we needed to do.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 AM

64 posts, read 167,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I have enjoyed everyone's answers so far! Nice posts!
I agree!

It's interesting to see how a person's experience is relative to where they are coming from or going to. One reason we moved to Phx was because southern CA is way too crowded and congested. But on the "leaving Phx" thread there are people leaving Phx for the same reason which is hard for me to understand. It's so subjective.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecomingJane View Post
I agree!

It's interesting to see how a person's experience is relative to where they are coming from or going to. One reason we moved to Phx was because southern CA is way too crowded and congested. But on the "leaving Phx" thread there are people leaving Phx for the same reason which is hard for me to understand. It's so subjective.
Phoenix is becoming like southern California in many ways, the crime, the traffic, the smog, the crowds.

It's really Los Angeles east, only not as overcrowded yet.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 AM

64 posts, read 167,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Phoenix is becoming like southern California in many ways, the crime, the traffic, the smog, the crowds.

It's really Los Angeles east, only not as overcrowded yet.
I don't know. I'm a CA native and lived all over southern CA before moving to Gilbert. I still think the two are extremely different, BUT again, it depends on what area of southern CA and what area of Phoenix you are comparing. I also only know Phoenix as of 5+ year ago so compared to what it was like before that, it could be way more crowded (because of all those Californians moving over ). But I know that escaping the crowding still one of the reasons Californians move to AZ.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
I don't know. I'm a CA native and lived all over southern CA before moving to Gilbert. I still think the two are extremely different, BUT again, it depends on what area of southern CA and what area of Phoenix you are comparing. I also only know Phoenix as of 5+ year ago so compared to what it was like before that, it could be way more crowded (because of all those Californians moving over ). But I know that escaping the crowding still one of the reasons Californians move to AZ.
Makes sense.

Much of the perception has to do with where people moved here from too.

I came here 14 years ago from a rather small town in northern Michigan, so to a yooper like me Phoenix is more similar to Los Angeles than anywhere close to where I'm from.

I agree, there are differences between Phoenix and southern California but the differences are pretty small compared to the differences between here and middle America.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
I was born here.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
I would have to agree. PHX has a long, long, way to fall before it reaches the level of SoCal. The exodus from there is proof that weather can't make up for everything - a lesson PHX should pay attention to as it develops.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:34 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Californians ruined this city on nearly every level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area