Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 AM

20 posts, read 65,176 times

Advertisements

shorts and t-shirts year round
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 05:08 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,992 times
Here in Cleveland once we get our first few depressing good blasts of winter people define "shorts and t shirt" weather as anything over 32' lol! I have literally seen people shovelling 2 feet of snow with their holiday lights up while wearing shorts and a heavy sweatshirt. It is the oddest thing.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 AM

319 posts, read 494,014 times
Based on Phoenix's January high of 65F...

you can wear shorts all year long, really. Unless you're from Florida or some Gulf Coast state.
Las Vegas does get much colder than Phoenix in the winter. Vegas even occasionally receives snowfall every few years. Unheard of in PHX.
I like Vegas's climate better, though. Because in the monsoon season, it's still pretty dry. Phoenix actually gets humid (Like, New York humid) from July-September. Couple that with 100 degree heat, and you're gonna wish you moved to Alaska.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:02 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
That's an average temp, but remember it does get into the 40's during the day on some days during the winter. I guess it sounds like the people who will be wearing pants and jackets will be the AZ natives (as I do think it's COLD), or people who have been here a very long time.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:04 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
We never where anything else! We just throw a sweatshirt over them in Jan. for a couple of days. Wait til you see flip flops with socks! We have a fabulous winter fashion show in the valley of the sun. My fav is the shorts, tank top, and athletic socks with the red stripes around the knees with cowboy boots on, wow, now that is a classic western statement! Watch out ladies, look what just showed up at the grocery store. But to be fair the woman are wearing a sweatshirt, boxer shorts, the same athletic socks and flip flops. We are sizzling, I must say.lol
P.S. Not ment to hurt any feelings

Old 08-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
That's an average temp, but remember it does get into the 40's during the day on some days during the winter. I guess it sounds like the people who will be wearing pants and jackets will be the AZ natives (as I do think it's COLD), or people who have been here a very long time.
That's right, but there are as many 85 degree days in Phoenix's January as 45 degree days.
So, despite the few weeks of chilly desert winter weather, shorts are fine all year.
Doesn't the average high shoot up to around 80 by late February?

Old 08-04-2007, 06:35 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post
That's right, but there are as many 85 degree days in Phoenix's January as 45 degree days.
So, despite the few weeks of chilly desert winter weather, shorts are fine all year.
Doesn't the average high shoot up to around 80 by late February?
I cannot recall a single 85 degree day in January in all my 32 years of living here. I don't know where you're getting your info from. ?? We don't start really getting 80's until later like April or something. Believe whatever you want until you live here.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I cannot recall a single 85 degree day in January in all my 32 years of living here. I don't know where you're getting your info from. ?? We don't start really getting 80's until later like April or something. Believe whatever you want until you live here.
I recall two consecutive 99 degree days in the middle of this past March.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I have some coworkers who wear long pants only for a few days in January and/or February. Me, I reach for my coat when the temps go under 70.;-)) I live in Tucson, though. The temperatures here are at least 5-6 degrees lower than in Phoenix during the day and much more at night.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 11,020 times
Default "Summer Type" Clothes

Jacket????? What is that I do not own a coat and/or jacket. I have lived in AZ for almost 10 years. Shorts and T-shirts will fit in pretty much year round, I have a 16 year old the same way and he does not own a pair of pants or anything long sleeved. I think the only time it really gets cold is for a day or two after dark in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area