Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,199 times

Advertisements

Pretty much the title says it all.

Any opinions about the area near E Warner and S Lindsay in Gilbert?

I am looking for a quiet safe neighborhood....

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 02:52 PM

164 posts, read 838,135 times
I live just down the road at Warner & Greenfield..... you'd be fine there.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytest View Post
Pretty much the title says it all.

Any opinions about the area near E Warner and S Lindsay in Gilbert?

I am looking for a quiet safe neighborhood....

Thanks!
Gilbert = quiet and safe.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:17 PM

860 posts, read 2,715,390 times
Yep its quiet and safe. The police and civic center are nearby, so that may help.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,199 times
Thank you all for your replies!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,056,189 times
Here is an interactive crime map. I think it's a great area.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 PM

28 posts, read 88,640 times
I live off of Lindsay near Warner and I would warn you strongly not to move here. I am trying to get out. It is very noisy with trains, prop planes, loud trucks, barking dogs, thousands of screaming kids. Seriously, this is no quiet suburban neighborhood, it is what some call LIVELY but I just call ANNOYING. Please drive by on the weekend or at night to get the real story. And if you still like it you can rent my house cheap so I can move on!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaly View Post
It is very noisy with trains, prop planes, loud trucks, barking dogs, thousands of screaming kids.
Hilarious! You need to try out your routine at a comedy club!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Remember that no area is crime free and no area is completely safe.

Gilbert has the reputation of being one of the safer cities. Possibly because we have an excellent police department.

The types of crimes will vary in different cities and areas, and it's important that you check the crime map link that was provided.

And no matter where you are, when you go out walking, always use caution.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:37 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Azaly is obviously sensitive to noise, and is stating how the noise affects her/him. Some people are very noise sensitive and the combination of noises can be very difficult to tolerate.

And while the noise in the area probably does not seem that great to others, it is a good idea to check out neighborhoods you're interested in on several days at different times.

Ask the neighbors about the neighborhood. They will be happy to tell you.
Ask about the train that goes through several times a day. Many people, once they live there and get used to it, don't even hear it.

Ask about the airplanes going into Chandler airport to see if they are bothered by them. You can even ask the airport when the heaviest traffic time is and go check it out then.

Ask about the white cloud on occasion (steam) at the San Tan Generating plant. Neighbors are great source of neighborhood.

A client of mine is buying a home in north west Mesa under the flight path of Phoenix airport. He's just outside the noise measuring zone, but nonetheless I told him to go check the area out at some heavy traffic times and talk to the neighbors. He did that this week end, and he said the planes are not a big factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area