Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:28 PM

371 posts, read 1,008,575 times

Advertisements

Also, forget about kids (or adults) playing outside for half the year...I'm sure people will mention exceptions but I rarely saw a kid outside in our neighborhood for months at a time...pretty sad...no whiffleball during summer break because the dang thing would melt!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 PM

376 posts, read 490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Life is what you make of it, no matter where you live. If you focus on the negatives then you will only see the negative and be negative. Apparently, people need to have more fulfilling lives. Have a career to work towards, have friends and activities to do, go back to school and become more educated. Get out and see the good things. Enough complaining. If it's that bad, then leave.
I already told your type to go post elsewhere.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
me too! i live in toronto and the winters are brutal. temperatures are at -20 c(dont know what it is in farenheight), everything is frozen, no matter how you dress you still feel the cold and wind inside you, slippery roads, each day you have to battle your way through the snow, im not a big fan of winter sports, so there isnt any thing good about winter to me. It is cold from late october to mid april. Thats basically 6 months of misery. and then theres the occasional snowfalls in may when it is supposed to be warm. for me the only good months here are june, july, and august.

If i wasnt stuck here then i would have already moved to houston, dallas, california, maybe san antonio.
This is a ranting section only.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Where are all you "AZ Haters" going to move to????? Do you actually think there's no major crime anywhere else? Have you ever visited Detroit? Do you think the only rude people are in AZ? I know this particular post is for "venting", and I can understand that you don't like where you live (I don't like living in MI either - that's why I'm moving to AZ). But I'm not going to compare AZ to MI and say it's so much better than MI. I moving because I can't stand winter! That doesn't mean I hate MI. I just happen to love the mountains and the desert. AZ has hot summers. MI has freezing winters. AZ has crime, drugs and illegals. MI has crime, drugs and illegals. Paradise is in the heart of the beholder. I for one think AZ is a beautiful state. But I also think MI is a beautiful state. It's just what you prefer. I just don't see why you AZ haters need to say so many mean things about it! If you don't like AZ fine, just leave . . . but don't leave so angry!
This is not the section for you. This is for us to vent.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsava View Post
I have lived in AZ for 12 years, and I'm glad I left! It is so stucked up. Northern AZ is beautiful, cooler, but how do you make a living...Phoenix, there are the jobs, but what a trade off in this hostile desert...NM is much more late back, people are more loving, AZ people are so stucked up and not welcoming. I seriously hated it for a long time, and don't recommend it to anyone! Go to colorado, NM, Washington State or Oregon, if you want a late back place. The only place in AZ I felt good was Tucson. Everything else, forgett it.
Amen and thanks for following the format.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
+1

I grew up in the Chicago area and can't wait to move back after 20 years in CA and AZ...I miss real SEASONS! I also miss my sports teams...AZ is pretty lame in that regard is everybody is from somewhere else out here and most fans are bandwagoners.

I have to say the first couple years or so in AZ it was OK but we have hated the last 15+...it is hotter than HELL here for at least 5 STRAIGHT months (May, June, July, August, September) and pushing 6 (at least half of April and half of October)...summers are getting longer, drier and hotter...due to a 10 year+ long drought it is also mostly brown, dead and ugly in the Phoenix area...we had a house in Scottsdale that backed up to a mountain that reached sun like temps in the summer...you could cook on that rock!

AZ was good to us as we sold that home for about 4 times what we paid for it and now live up in Northern AZ where it is cooler, green, has trees and actually rains/snows...but we are attempting to sell our home for a move back to the Midwest.

The attraction for AZ used to be the home you could get for the $, well those days are over and unless you build custom the construction out here is very cheaply done sticks and mud style...and every home looks like the next one...very ugly/boring after living here for awhile.

To each his own but the heat in Phoenix area is MISERABLE...and not really worth the nice part of the year as it doesn't really rain then either plus you just absolutely dread the coming of the heat starting in March...knowing that April/May will bring the onslaught of 100+ degree days!

Keep in mind this hell has already had over a month's worth of 110+ degree days so far this year! Yikes.
Thanks for your help with educating these peeps. Amen! I can't even go ride my bike. My makeup starts dripping off of my face if I am out of AC for 5 mins. Damn this heat.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 PM

32 posts, read 109,805 times
That was great. I was in Arizona during mid-September a few years ago, checking it out before I made a big mistake and moved there for good. What I encoutered was the devil's doorstep...119 in the shade in Yuma.

I like hot, but that is just way too hot. I'm glad I dodged the bullet. Best of luck to you.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. I will be moving in a few yrs. Got to ride out my time.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,817 times
It is the natures of the world, whatever, whenever, wherever, that's nature.
everything you think what you are.
if you think good, it good.
If you want to change what, it easy change yourself.

(my english it not good, but i tried to messages for you. have the good time)

Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM

371 posts, read 1,008,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanawaleJulie View Post
Thanks for your help with educating these peeps. Amen! I can't even go ride my bike. My makeup starts dripping off of my face if I am out of AC for 5 mins. Damn this heat.
It is wicked...and those that don't admit it are in denial or inside AC all day...I'm an outdoor person and Phoenix isn't really conducive to that for well over half the year unless you like blast furnaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area