Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM

461 posts, read 1,809,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Maybe I can go outside in the Winter What the hell do you think I moved to Arizona from NY for? I won't ever live anywhere with snow ever again. God willing.

Michigan? I'd rather shoot myself than live in a place like that. You are barking up the wrong tree. Tell that to someone else.
Sheena - You totally misread my post. I believe we're on the same page. Not sure why you're so ANGRY when I said in my post that I hated winter also! Did you not read the part where I said "I'll be happy when I can finally move to Zona"? The only part of your post I quoted was the part about the car wash. I think you need to read carefully before you respond to a post!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 AM

72 posts, read 234,564 times
Thats why I cant understand why everyone keeps telling me Phoenix is the fastest growing city in the US!!! Go figure! I cant wait till I move back to Cali.......I miss it soooooo much!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Maybe I can go outside in the Winter What the hell do you think I moved to Arizona from NY for? I won't ever live anywhere with snow ever again. God willing.

Michigan? I'd rather shoot myself than live in a place like that. You are barking up the wrong tree. Tell that to someone else.
Someone needs to chill, and take a trip to Michigan. MI is lovely, minus the economy. Sure winters can be hell, but so are AZ's summers. The close-mindedness on this website is astounding.

http://www.visittraversecity.com/images/empirebluff715.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM

283 posts, read 990,111 times
Why does snow bother people? It beats rain, it's pretty and you can play in it so many dif ways... It beats being trapped in your residence while living in a friggin blast furnace - PS here is my weather from yesterday..

Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Quote:

I'd rather shoot myself than read a post wrong! lol
Michigan is inspiring some rage. Does look a little frosty in the winter but it's a little too toasty here in the summer. What difference what part of the year you spend inside. I think I might want to look out the window at snow instead of dirt or rocks. At least Santa goes to Michigan.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM

81 posts, read 362,000 times
Quote:
I know some teens that wouldn't mind working at McDonalds. I worked in an office in Ahwatukee and they were working there, doing the jobs we were doing except they weren't speaking English doing them. They were doing half of the job we were doing and getting paid the full amount.
Yes - that is what I mean. Most teenagers work at fast food or something similar, like the Mall. I doubt you could get a job at a fast food place if you could not speak English.

How were Spanish-speaking people doing an office job? I've never worked at any office where the real workers, meaning not maintenance or clean-up, did not have to speak English.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,983 times
I was in Iron Mountain MI, a few times last winter and they have a saying up there. When the temperature gets to about -20F, it's getting chilly and when its -35F to -45F it's getting cold. If you ask me, Anything below 40F is cold.

I am currently in Chicago where the temperature today is at 88F with the humidity at 70% which puts the heat index well above 90F (the heat index is the temperature that your body actually feels)

If any one spent any time in a humid climate. You know how difficult it is to function when the humidity gets above 50% and its 70F or more.

Not to say that 120F+ with 8% humidity is not hot. But at least I can still Barbecue at night, without the bug army attacking me.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:33 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
I was in Iron Mountain MI, a few times last winter and they have a saying up there. When the temperature gets to about -20F, it's getting chilly and when its -35F to -45F it's getting cold. If you ask me, Anything below 40F is cold.

I am currently in Chicago where the temperature today is at 88F with the humidity at 70% which puts the heat index well above 90F (the heat index is the temperature that your body actually feels)

If any one spent any time in a humid climate. You know how difficult it is to function when the humidity gets above 50% and its 70F or more.

Not to say that 120F+ with 8% humidity is not hot. But at least I can still Barbecue at night, without the bug army attacking me.
???

Right now its 86 with 44% humidity:
Chicago, Illinois (60601) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Tomorrow 74 with 30% humidity:

Then 77 with 40%

Then 77 with 40% again

There are breaks in the bad weather here, alot more good than bad. Alot of people here are stating that you dont get breaks from the heat in AZ, for several months at a time. Ill trade a few days of high humidity, for several days of paradise-like temps over the 3-4 months of 100+ readings in PHX. I was just down there again a few weeks ago, and it was 116 a few days. Dry or not, that was WAY more uncomfortable than 80 and 70% humidity. Ive never sweat so bad in my life, not to mention that I had to drink 2 gallons of water everyday. I love the PHX area, but never again will I visit in summer.... I used to think October was pretty hot in AZ. It kinda is, but compared to June/July/August and September, its a real "treat".

Old 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Sheena - You totally misread my post. I believe we're on the same page. Not sure why you're so ANGRY when I said in my post that I hated winter also! Did you not read the part where I said "I'll be happy when I can finally move to Zona"? The only part of your post I quoted was the part about the car wash. I think you need to read carefully before you respond to a post!
opps sorry......probably PMS or pre-menopausal or a bad day at work

Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I'd rather shoot myself than read a post wrong! lol
Michigan is inspiring some rage. Does look a little frosty in the winter but it's a little too toasty here in the summer. What difference what part of the year you spend inside. I think I might want to look out the window at snow instead of dirt or rocks. At least Santa goes to Michigan.
I'd rather read the post wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area