Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
opps sorry......probably PMS or pre-menopausal or a bad day at work
Ah, yes. I've let go of some of that on here as well! Just ask around.lol

Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Ah, yes. I've let go of some of that on here as well! Just ask around.lol
LOl yeah we all have those days. Could have bee a fight with the old man I actually think it was a fight with my daughter that put me in a mood yesterday. I figured I could unload on the Phoenix forum

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM

461 posts, read 1,809,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
LOl yeah we all have those days. Could have bee a fight with the old man I actually think it was a fight with my daughter that put me in a mood yesterday. I figured I could unload on the Phoenix forum
Better to unload on strangers than go postal! Totally understand!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:29 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle View Post
I found below from an auto forum:

ARIZONA - WHAT A STATE!

May 30th - Now this is a state that knows how to live! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. Mountains and deserts blended together. What a place! Watched the sunset from a park lying on a blanket. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home I love it here.

June 14th - Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a real sun worshipper.

June 30th - Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th - The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's a dry heat. Getting used to it is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th - Fell asleep by the pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body.) Missed two days of work, what a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though: got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th - I missed Tabby (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got out to the hot car for lunch, Tabby had swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and exploded all over $2,000 worth of leather upholstery. I told the kids she ran away. The car now smells like a sewer. No more pets in this heat!

July 25th - Dry heat, my ass. Hot is hot!! The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th - Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. $1,100 in damn house payments and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug 4th - 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to about 90. Stupid repairman pissed in my pool. I hate this state.

Aug 8th - If another person asks, "Hot enough for you today?", I'm going to tear his throat out. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like roasted Garfield!!

Aug 10th - The weather report might as well be a damn recording: Hot and Sunny. It's been too hot for two damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this barren damn desert?? Water rationing has been in effect all summer, so $1,700 worth of cactus just dried up and blew into the pool. Even a cactus can't live in this heat.

Aug 14th - Welcome to Hell!!! Temperature got to 123 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the Lexus. The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $1,100 house payment to bail me out of jail.

Aug 30th - Worst day of the damn summer. I'm not leaving the house. The monsoon rains finally came and all they did is to make it muggier than hell. The Lexus is now floating somewhere in Mexico with it's new $500 windshield. That does it, we're moving to New York for some peace and quiet.

LOL!!!! Good one....

Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 AM

477 posts, read 1,582,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
LOL!!!! Good one....

That one has been around a LONG time!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:34 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Better to unload on strangers than go postal! Totally understand!
Yes it's safer too.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:34 PM

21 posts, read 179,038 times
So true, were we are from in canada it gets to -40 which is pretty unberarable as well

Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM

21 posts, read 179,038 times
I can't disagree more, winter is the most miserable time of the year, slippery roads, closed highways, wet pant legs, frozen cars, iced up everything. The kind of cold i've lived in is anything but a winter wonderland.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 PM

458 posts, read 2,774,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid3416 View Post
I can't disagree more, winter is the most miserable time of the year, slippery roads, closed highways, wet pant legs, frozen cars, iced up everything. The kind of cold i've lived in is anything but a winter wonderland.
Agreed. I'll take it being hot over it being cold anyday. I still go out when it's hot, play golf, etc. In the winter time I'm usually pretty much locked up in the house. I hate winter time and I can't wait to move to Phoenix or Dallas!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:22 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087 View Post
Agreed. I'll take it being hot over it being cold anyday. I still go out when it's hot, play golf, etc. In the winter time I'm usually pretty much locked up in the house. I hate winter time and I can't wait to move to Phoenix or Dallas!
You mean you can't wait to move to Phoenix[period]. Dallas you'll probably encounter a little bit, a little taste of snow or ice each winter. If you absolutely despise even a semblance of winter than this is the place for you! I can guarrantee you, it will NEVER be icy or slippery here. Maybe a little chilly at nights, but it is unlikely you'll ever see one ounce of snow, even if you live here 15 years! Which is precisely why I want out of Phoenix, back to CO! I don't know why people think snow here is an evil? It's a beautiful thing! There is nothing more fun than skiing. Denver's dry, cold and sunny winters with the occasional snowstorm are much easier to take on the comfort scale than the summers here. White snow on green pine trees with a clear blue sky is totally beautiful. Here's how I see it: Dry cold > Dry heat > humid cold > humid heat. Or: Denver > Phoenix > Buffalo > Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area