Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 PM

894 posts, read 2,201,803 times
Thanks for the support folks, I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 10:32 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
Check into the Child Development Center at Luke. I know, it seems odd, but men do sometimes work there, and it seems they always need someone. The pay won't be great, but it will be pay nontheless.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
We should be taking better care of our military. I'm ashamed that anyone who served in the military is having a hard time. Sorry, and I wish you all the luck! We really need to get our priorities straight as a country ASAP! When a CEO can get fired and still make 500,000 dollars a year for leaving and our military can't get jobs we are in trouble.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
I am averaging about 15 a day. I am limited by area, I live in the far west valley. I drive a truck, so 19 MPG highway is the best I get. If I take a job further east than the 101, the pay needs to be able to compensate for the distance. Pretty soon it is going to be a little too cold for me to ride my motorcycle every day.
"Too cold" to ride a bike in Phoenix? Good grief.

That aside, have you tried UPS? They have ads on several sites for holiday workers (including the PHX area) and tout the fact that most full time employees were once seasonal employees.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
"Too cold" to ride a bike in Phoenix? Good grief.

That aside, have you tried UPS? They have ads on several sites for holiday workers (including the PHX area) and tout the fact that most full time employees were once seasonal employees.
I live where there are farm fields everywhere. If it is 70 degrees in the city, then it is 50 degrees out here. Its cold. I had my heater on in my truck on my way home from Harquahala (539th Ave.) I was towing a junker for somebody.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,233 times
Bundle up and take the motorcycle. Or sell it plus the truck to get a vehicle that's good on gas.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushan View Post
bundle up and take the motorcycle. Or sell it plus the truck to get a vehicle that's good on gas.
Not selling the truck. Period. It is paid off. I won't get what it is worth out of it, from all the money I have into it. You will never see another 24 yr old guy driving a practically brand new $43,000 truck that is paid off.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:55 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
I won't comment on the logic of spending 43,000 on a truck (or any personal vehicle, for that matter) except to say that it's your choice, however short-sighted, of how to spend money, and now, when you need money, your money is sitting in the driveway, depreciating by the day. I guess it comes in part just from being in your early 20's.

Good luck with the job search.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 PM

11,026 posts, read 6,870,183 times
On the other hand, if it is in good running order and depreciating by the day it's better to get the money's worth out of it rather than sell it as essentially a loss. It would be interesting to hear from a financial adviser on this one because there are good arguments for both sides. One must taken into account the entire situation and make a decision from there.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
On the other hand, if it is in good running order and depreciating by the day it's better to get the money's worth out of it rather than sell it as essentially a loss. It would be interesting to hear from a financial adviser on this one because there are good arguments for both sides. One must taken into account the entire situation and make a decision from there.
I don't care about depreciation. I will drive this truck till it does, then rebuild the engine and keep driving it. The truck isn't costing me any money to own, aside from fuel to drive it.

I am going to school to be a diesel technician, not gonna sell it. I don't care what a financial advisor has to say, mine told me the same thing until I had it paid off. I am not going to sell a vehicle I worked so hard to get from 2 tours in Iraq, bought brand new, just to get a used vehicle with lord knows what kind of problems.

Get off the case of selling the truck, it isn't going to happen. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area