Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times

Advertisements

The old system needed to be upgraded.

However, so far, I don't like the new system. Maybe it's because I don't watch much television, and what I do watch is what I pre-record so I don't have to sit through the commercials.

I'll give it a little more time to see if I can get used to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
A couple new features I've noticed are that when a show is paused the pause bar disappears after a few seconds, giving you a full screen. I don't know how many times I've paused a baseball or football on a close call only to have it blocked by the bar. Also if paused for a long time (more than five minutes it seems) the screen becomes a screen saver. Good for those with older plasma TVs and preventing image burn.

Also, the general settings menus are much easier to navigate.
I did notice the screen saver that is now available, 'bout time! I've not had time yet to look at all the features but so far so good.
I'm hoping they have added favorite lists that can be edited and named, if not that's one strike against 'em. I do miss the 30 second jump feature, wish they'd add that as well.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM

117 posts, read 251,175 times
Cox is horrible. They have awful customer service. I am going with qwest now, they pissed me off.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 PM

245 posts, read 545,326 times
Id have to agree with what the HELL were they thinking I mean its so wierd you have to press info twice and then it blocks up half the TV to see whats on while watching your favorite show im not to sure who was in charge but im very disappoint not that cox is anywhere near great or my first choice and ithink i would consider switching at a moment notice

Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,477 times
Just got the new format & there's a 7 second delay when changing channels either thru guide or with channel up or down:/ anyone else having this problem?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:22 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
Not me. I would try rebooting the box and if that doesn't help, go to the Cox store and swap it out.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,429 times
Two features that are missing/I can't find how to do them in the new version:

1. No way to fast forward a few days. So if it is Monday and you need to record something on Saturday, you used to be able to select the day and then record it.

2. No way to skip to the end of a recording.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola View Post
Two features that are missing/I can't find how to do them in the new version:

1. No way to fast forward a few days. So if it is Monday and you need to record something on Saturday, you used to be able to select the day and then record it.

2. No way to skip to the end of a recording.
I haven't figured out #2 yet, but to go forward some number of days in the IPG, press a number key (the number of days you want to go forward) and then (quickly) the right arrow. The same idea with the left arrow to go backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: