Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 AM

725 posts, read 2,321,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I worked in Sun City years ago. It's quiet and peaceful. And, no cooky cutter houses. People are respectful toward each other. Older value system of taking care of your property and not irritating others.
Totally agree!!!!! I love Sun City except for all the darn old people.

Just kidding.

Seriously it's a beautiful place; everything looks so pristine. Hard to tell it's been an established Community for about 50 years!!!!!! I'd consider living there about 30 years from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 01:37 PM

422 posts, read 791,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
While surfing around google-maps I clicked on a real pretty area called Sun City. Every house looks immaculate, and they all have stones instead of grass. Can you tell me anything about that neighborhood? Do any young people live there or is it strictly a retirement community.
Not a diverse area, if you're looking for diversity.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,034 times
We are strongly considering putting an offer on a house in Sun City this week. I looked at Sun City, Sun City West and Sun City Grand and liked Sun City the best. We are 50-60 and I met many people in same age bracket who are doing interesting, lively things! Seems the residents there are too busy for rocking chairs and knitting. We are looking at a lake house and we loved the various house re-dos - very contemporary, light, bright and easy maintenance. It is a retirement community - but a very active, enlightened one!

Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebren View Post
We are strongly considering putting an offer on a house in Sun City this week. I looked at Sun City, Sun City West and Sun City Grand and liked Sun City the best. We are 50-60 and I met many people in same age bracket who are doing interesting, lively things! Seems the residents there are too busy for rocking chairs and knitting. We are looking at a lake house and we loved the various house re-dos - very contemporary, light, bright and easy maintenance. It is a retirement community - but a very active, enlightened one!
Maybe we will bump into you at the rec center. Best of luck and enjoyment.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM

65 posts, read 212,944 times
Quote:
quote=matt_sfl;16784588]90's! Hell at that age you could just as easily store them in a warehouse with sheet dividers. Give them a little picture of a cactus to look at.
What is wrong with you?

Adreana

Old 02-16-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adreana View Post
What is wrong with you?

Adreana
People like him never age.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,436 times
We are currently looking at Sun City to get away from the cold winters and wondering if you ended up buying property in Sun City? In checking websites I am wondering if there are age restrictions when purchasing property in this area? We are early 50's.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom55 View Post
We are currently looking at Sun City to get away from the cold winters and wondering if you ended up buying property in Sun City? In checking websites I am wondering if there are age restrictions when purchasing property in this area? We are early 50's.
I think at least one person living in the home must be 55 or older. I do believe that Trilogy/Vistancia has a certain percentage of people that can buy under the age of 55.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 AM

391 posts, read 787,767 times
Hey freedom55, buy in Trilogy and be our neighbors. We're canucks and 55. We bought new but house not ready till sept.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
90's! Hell at that age you could just as easily store them in a warehouse with sheet dividers. Give them a little picture of a cactus to look at.
Sick, sick comment. Do you even know anyone in their 90s? I work in a retirement community and there are many people in their 90s who are still very active and able to enjoy life. I also used to live near Sun City and would always notice, while waiting in those interminable lines at the DMV office, how many of the elderly people of Sun City did so well for their age, especially because many of them were forced to stand since the chairs always seemed to be filled with young, rude, clueless people who didn't think of giving up their seat to someone much older.

Please...for the good of everyone, if you think comments like the one above are funny, stay far, far away from Sun City. No one needs you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area