Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicforme View Post
Makes sense, due to wording in the U.S. Constitution, states cannot regulate inter-state commerce.
They actually can to a degree when it comes to certain items - alcohol being a major one

It's always been a tricky part of our history - from the whiskey rebellion to prohibition & it's repeal to current times

A lot of the current situation is from the manner in which prohibition went away ..... states could kind of do their own thing and many have

AZ just opened their laws up in 2006 where small wineries can ship from a distance order, but need a special permit from AZ to do so - other than that you have to be in the store and order it to ship ..... it's an improvement, but still annoyings (being from the finger lakes wine region sometimes I would like to have a taste of home that you really don't find in our stores - very few deal with the headache of shipping to AZ)

Arizona Clarifies On-Site Shipping Law - The Wine Institute

the above also has links to more of the individual state laws

hopefully one day the distributors will lose some of their influence and commerce can open up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 07:50 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,885 times
I imagine being an alcohol delivery boy would be the most dangerous job in America.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Weigh in these factors: expensive and hard to get liquor license, liability backlash, being robbed, safely storing your inventory, government keeping a close eye on you...

Old 11-30-2010, 11:20 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
AZ just opened their laws up in 2006 where small wineries can ship from a distance order, but need a special permit from AZ to do so - other than that you have to be in the store and order it to ship
Interesting. A google search shows that you're correct. On the other hand, I can tell you for certain that there are wine distributors who don't abide by that rule. Looks like they are breaking the law. Very interesting....

Old 11-30-2010, 12:23 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
In state or out of state distributors?

If it's an online "wine.com" type of place I'm sure they are using wineries that either fit the profile or have some other kind of arrangement .... i know that site will present different options based on what you have as your shipping state

I'd love to find a place that had a nice selection of NY wines and would ship to AZ

Old 11-30-2010, 07:12 PM

860 posts, read 2,716,170 times
Maybe a shuttle to the liquor store, with bulletproof windows and a cage between you and the driver? You can call it Blondie's Booze-Mobile. Don't forget the beefy armed body guard!

We promise not to steal your idea, honey, it's really extremely dangerous and ill thought out on several different levels. I count 3.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Maybe a shuttle to the liquor store, with bulletproof windows and a cage between you and the driver? You can call it Blondie's Booze-Mobile. Don't forget the beefy armed body guard!

We promise not to steal your idea, honey, it's really extremely dangerous and ill thought out on several different levels. I count 3.
Gosh, I think Blondie's Booze Mobile might be a tipoff?

I knew a guy in NorCal and this woman had a business called KarensErrands. She did all sorts of stuff, not the least of which was making liquor runs for him. He'd give her $100 to do this.

So...maybe some sort of errand service or even a Senior Citizen service would be a better idea.

Now, please don't anyone steal these ideas.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
In state or out of state distributors?

If it's an online "wine.com" type of place I'm sure they are using wineries that either fit the profile or have some other kind of arrangement .... i know that site will present different options based on what you have as your shipping state

I'd love to find a place that had a nice selection of NY wines and would ship to AZ
Yes, it's a wine.com kind of place. I don't think the wineries involved really matter. After all, they're not following the protocol of the buyer making the purchase in person at the winery anyway. I'm rep'd ya the info.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 PM

568 posts, read 1,206,209 times
Hey, I think it's a great idea, just the wrong mood-altering substance!

Try for medical-marijuana delivery instead...if stereotypes are true, then no worries about people trying to shoot, or getting all violent.

In fact, you might also provide snacks as a supplement to the 'herb', at an additional cost. Perhaps give options of different sizes of bongs...or whether they might prefer a brownie dosage form versus an inhaled version.

Not sure what your motto would be? Maybe: "We ride dirty so you don't have to!".

Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Gosh, I think Blondie's Booze Mobile might be a tipoff?

I knew a guy in NorCal and this woman had a business called KarensErrands. She did all sorts of stuff, not the least of which was making liquor runs for him. He'd give her $100 to do this.

So...maybe some sort of errand service or even a Senior Citizen service would be a better idea.

Now, please don't anyone steal these ideas.
I am assuming KarensErrands are like a personal assistant-type thing...not mass delivery to a bunch of drunks and if they like the looks of you....figure that one out, and/or go steal whatever is in your delivery vehicle...private clients paying for grocery shopping, boose delivery, dry-cleaning is totally different.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: