U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 PM

13,532 posts, read 15,640,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimcountrygirl View Post
Phoenix is terribly polluted, crime bad, schools stink. Best to stay on the outer valley area's (Scottsdale, Gilbert, Anthem....) I lived in Phoenix for years and it has really gone downhill! Wish I had better news [mod cut-- no specific recommendations from members with less than 10 posts]
Goodluck and just make sure you check out the area you are concidering before moving.
To the OP-- Take overly negative posts like this one (especially with all the overgeneralizations) with a huge grain of salt, along with any overly positive ones. No place is for everyone, no place is perfect.

Phoenix is a very spread out city, just talking about the city limits. So, saying the whole city is terribly polluted (but the immediate adjoining suburbs are not) does not make sense. Schools around the Valley vary a lot too, so they don't all "stink".

Old 01-07-2011, 07:45 PM

30 posts, read 37,580 times
Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
To the OP-- Take overly negative posts like this one (especially with all the overgeneralizations) with a huge grain of salt, along with any overly positive ones. No place is for everyone, no place is perfect.

Phoenix is a very spread out city, just talking about the city limits. So, saying the whole city is terribly polluted (but the immediate adjoining suburbs are not) does not make sense. Schools around the Valley vary a lot too, so they don't all "stink".
I concur. Extreme reviews are to me are always questionable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 AM

2,948 posts, read 3,465,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmin5 View Post
I know my wife job would be in this zip code of 85014.
Scottsdale and north Phoenix would be good starting points for a home search....

Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 AM

108 posts, read 124,180 times
Default Thank you very much....

Like I said, in the beginning, it's not a definite thing as of yet. Because as I stated, if they are not transferring her the AZ, then next month we will take a trip to NC(Raleigh or Charlotte) to scout out the area(put in a few resumes(tech comp's,medical(hospitals), look for townhomes(rent prices), sub areas, get a little feel for the people/atmosphere, churches, etc). So I will post, when she gets the answer this month. Because which ever way, we still will be packing up and moving in March.

Thanks for all your helpful posts.

Ridah Gee

Old 01-08-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmin5 View Post
Like I said, in the beginning, it's not a definite thing as of yet. Because as I stated, if they are not transferring her the AZ, then next month we will take a trip to NC(Raleigh or Charlotte) to scout out the area(put in a few resumes(tech comp's,medical(hospitals), look for townhomes(rent prices), sub areas, get a little feel for the people/atmosphere, churches, etc). So I will post, when she gets the answer this month. Because which ever way, we still will be packing up and moving in March.

Thanks for all your helpful posts.

Ridah Gee

There are some townhomes in the area, but not very many at all. You're much better off looking for single-family-detached homes to rent. Here is a website you might find helpful: Phoenix MLS Search.com :: Phoenix, Arizona MLS Listings Search

Plug in what you are looking for (rent price range, bedrooms, bathrooms, square-footage, etc) and you'll find tons of choices. For example, a search today in zip codes 85012, 85014, 85018, 85020, 85022, 85024, 85028, 85032, 85050, 85253 and 85254 (which should all be pretty close to where that potential job is), with at least three bedrooms and at least two baths, and at least 1,400 square feet, brings up 9 single-family-detached homes for $1,100 a month or less. Open the search up to the whole Phoenix metro area, and there are 1,054 homes that match that criteria.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,002 times
My family lives in the Moon Valley neighborhood. I am a teacher and have two children, ages 10 and 6. The schools in this area are superb, with a number of different options for high school aged kids. We have our house listed in MLS, as my husband recently switched jobs and we have to move. I can't say enough about this neighborhood and am sad that we have to leave. It surrounds a country club, but the residents are not snooty; they are all hard working professionals. There is a neighborhood park and neighborhood access to a bike route and hiking. Our house is a 4 bedroom with a large 4 car garage for any toys you might have. It is a quiet, safe, family-oriented neighborhood. I can send more info if you want . . .

Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,328 times
Help, Thinking about moving to Surprise AZ Dont know how to post a "new thread" have tried everything- can anyone tell me anything about that area??????????

Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM

13,532 posts, read 15,640,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather2069 View Post
Help, Thinking about moving to Surprise AZ Dont know how to post a "new thread" have tried everything- can anyone tell me anything about that area??????????
This thread is not about Surprise, so you are not likely to get as much help here as if you started a new thread.

Follow the instructions I gave you in the Chat Room thread, or use a search. To save you time, I've done a search for posts about "Surprise" in the Phoenix forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=26300001

Look through these to get information, and then if you have more questions, start a new thread.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather2069 View Post
On the main Phoenix page (which is right here http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoenix-area/) you'll see at the top left an icon that says "New Thread" (not sure if this link will work, but here is a link http://www.city-data.com/forum/newth...newthread&f=60). Click on it, and it's basically the same as typing the post you just made.
However, before you do that, try using the "Search" feature at the top of the main page. Click on "Search" and then "Advanced Search" (here is a link (http://www.city-data.com/forum/search.php). Then search for Surprise, AZ (Here is another link http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=26299997). You'll find that there are 144 threads, so somewhere in there should be most or all of the information you are looking for.
If not, then start a new thread.
In any event, Surprise is a very nice suburb with nice neighborhoods, spring training baseball, low crime, etc. However, depending on where work is, it can be a tough commute, so keep that in mind.
Good luck!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Oops, Observer53, looks like we posted the same thing at the same time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area