Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times

Advertisements

Hello All. I was down last week and looked at several areas in the Valley.

All things being equal, I learned I like newer areas and especially master planned areas. One of the two spots that I was impressed with was Marley Park Surprise. I loved all of the green parks and the feel of the neighborhood.

I know that Surprise is dinged for being "out there". But I don't have to commute and go to work. At the same token, if I want to go to other parts of the Valley, I am going to be driving. So I am trying to understand how the 303 will eventually help the commute times in area.

I'm trying to do my due diligence. I talked with the HOA. I feel comfortable with their viability. I talked with some neighbors and they all seem to love it.

I'm 45, married and soon to be an "empty nester". I like the fact that Marley Park isn't a retirement community. Does anybody who lives there know what the age make-up is?? Will it be a good fit for someone wanting to visit for 2-6 months a year???

I do like the feel of Surprise. I also love the current incredible value. Are there other community pool areas that I should be staring at in Surprise??? I find myself liking the nicer areas within a community.

Any and all info would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
Marley Park is nice. Surprise is nice. You really can't go wrong with that choice. The Loop 303 Freeway is still a few years off, but once it is complete it will help traffic significantly into and out of Surprise. It will also shape the growth in that area.

Also, if you like Marley Park, you may also like Verrado in Buckeye. Verrado Homes For Sale in Buckeye, Arizona | West Phoenix Real Estate

Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 AM

Thanks for your post Ritchie. Buckeye is too disconnected for me but I have heard some great things about that community.

Are there any Marley Park forum members out there??

Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 AM

39 posts, read 209,269 times
I don't live in Marley Park, but it is a great community. If you're going to live in Surprise, that's the place to be. Our church meets at Marley Park Elementary School, so we're very familiar with the area. The community center is beautiful. We even considered buying an investment home there because houses are so cheap right now. The housing market in Surprise was one of the hardest hit, so now would be the time to buy.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 PM

426 posts, read 1,306,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I know that Surprise is dinged for being "out there". But I don't have to commute and go to work. At the same token, if I want to go to other parts of the Valley, I am going to be driving. So I am trying to understand how the 303 will eventually help the commute times in area.
I finally get to help you for once.

There is a .pdf document on the home page PALMVALLEY303.COM that you should check out. It does a good job graphically showing the stages of planned construction.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicforme View Post
I finally get to help you for once.

There is a .pdf document on the home page PALMVALLEY303.COM that you should check out. It does a good job graphically showing the stages of planned construction.

Thanks for the link!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM

56 posts, read 160,966 times
We are also looking at Marley Park and have been wondering the same things as you! We also are looking into Vistancia..have you looked there at all? Thoughts? We will make our trip to "compare" in April. We currently live in WA.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird2B View Post
We are also looking at Marley Park and have been wondering the same things as you! We also are looking into Vistancia..have you looked there at all? Thoughts? We will make our trip to "compare" in April. We currently live in WA.

Vistancia has some higherend areas (paver streets) and it is extremely nice. But I preferred the nicer paver sections and they are bigger $$'s. The issue is one fold. It's out there! Well two fold.... It's more $$'s than Marley Park and I prefer the Marley feel.

In Marley Park, I think the most expensive home is listed at $299K. There are three tiers. $100K-$120K (1700 sq foot) on a 5K-7K sq lot. $120K-$170K for the 2000 to 2500 sq foot home (those lots are generally larger around 6500-8000 sq feet. And then there is the 3100-3600 sq foot homes for $195-$299K (on 8000+ lots). Realistically the bigger ones hang around $200-$220K.

In Marley Park, the feel is completely different. Yes. It's closer to everything that you need but the difference is the "feel" of the neighborhoods. They put alleys in the smaller homes so they have a cute / quaint feel. It's green everywhere.

The neighborhood seems to have attracted extroverts that like to take walks.

The "sweet spot" in Marley Park is around that $140K range. You can get a nice 2500 sq footer if you snag a deal. 102 homes sold last year. The price per square foot seems to be consistent.

The down side for some is the HOA fee. It's $126. But that includes high speed Internet. I think the $1400 per year for an HOA weeds out the budget shopper. I didn't see any sun-faded beaters in the driveways or any 1996 deep smoked window 4x4's driving around.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 PM

106 posts, read 361,458 times
I may have to look here as well. Did you notice if most the neighborhoods have trails and parks? I may be working IN peoria. My husband in NW Phx. I am not sure what the commute time may be.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 PM

56 posts, read 160,966 times
Thank you for your insight! Like I mentioned, we haven't been there, yet, and will check them out. On a side note..it will be interesting to see how "out there" is defined by you..since we live on an Island now..and take a ferry to do any "real" shopping..or drive 45 minutes to a Wal-Mart....I guess it is all relative..lol. Seriously, you did give me some great input, and I have a feeling we will also prefer Marley Park. I'm excited to make the trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area