Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
(Note that I've never lived in Phoenix, have visited there from time to time, was considering relocating there so thus my interest in this section of C-D.)

Last year there was a topic in C-D's Phoenix section about speeding radar cameras on the freeway. If I recall correctly the system was run by a contractor and notices were mailed to violators, but it turned out that if you ignored the written notice they'd send somebody to knock on your door (not an officer) and if you just didn't answer the door and pretended to not be home they eventually just gave up. I think I have this about right, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Those don't look like any red light cameras I've ever seen. All the ones I've seen are much larger and have a big flash in a separate housing and you see the flash go off if you have been snagged. Even then you do not necessarily have a ticket. I got flashed at a red light camera locally a couple years ago. I didn't think I had violated any law and I didn't get any notice. My car has both front and back plate, it was daytime good weather (I think the flashes operate daytime and nighttime) and DMV knows where I have lived for years. No ticket.

They look like CCTV surveillance cameras to me: big brother watching you or watching the traffic.

Summing it up: What you saw were probably not red light cameras. Even if they were you probably didn't get snagged. Even if you did get snagged they'll probably mail it to your old address and have it returned undeliverable. Even if you get the ticket/notice/summons you can probably just ignore it.

So you get the idea. Don't worry, be happy. Relax!
You are right, since then, the highway speed cameras have been dismantled. Those were contracted out by the state. In the cities however, there are red light and speed cameras sprinkled about.

The cameras that are shown in the pictures, are ADOT ( Arizona Department of Transportation ) traffic cameras.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
ADOT doesn't flash anybody ( it's a state agency and the state Photo radar contract is over ). It's ATS and Redflex that the cities still contract with, that the OP would have to worry about.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:44 PM

710 posts, read 3,390,954 times
OP - there are no redlight cameras in that area of 7st and the I10. Enjoy your week - guarantee you no tickets with your name on 'em are in the mail.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:56 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Looks like the OP's question has been answered. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: