U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 AM

2,879 posts, read 3,732,864 times
Default Anyone know specific Arcadia neighborhood boundaries?

I'm househunting for a friend and would like to look specifically in Arcadia, not "close to" or "near". Looking for a 50s home with good bones, on a nice lot. Thanks.

Last edited by khuntrevor; 01-26-2011 at 11:58 AM..

Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 PM

13,494 posts, read 15,558,539 times
It isn't a designated "urban village" or historic neighborhood with specific boundaries. It's essentially bounded by 44th St, 68th St, Camelback Rd, and just south of Lafayette Boulevard. Some might say it goes all the way to Indian School, especially on the west end, but I wouldn't say that, and I grew up in the heart of Arcadia. Still my favorite part of the Valley.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Could I get a Zipcode? What are the school districts? Thanks.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 PM

Well, you can look at a ZIP code map and see which ones are included, (85018 is the ZIP for the "Phoenix end" of Arcadia, I know, by the time you get closer to 68th it may change) but the ZIP codes pay no attention to the Arcadia boundaries, so you can't just use a ZIP search and know they are "Arcadia" homes. It's all Scottsdale School District.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 PM

537 posts, read 595,435 times
I love Arcadia. I used to hear about the cold air that came down off Camelback mountain into the Arcadia neighborhoods. The orange groves were nice, too. Flood irrigation. Give me a house on Lafayette or Exeter Blvds. any old time.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,326 times
Everyone seems to have an opinion of what is Arcadia. Arcadia purists call the area north of the canal east of 44th street, south of Camelback and West of 68th street Arcadia (proper), but the name really comes from being in the Arcadia school district which extends well beyond the proper boundaries. Arcadia proper is a great area, but some of the not so proper areas are just as great. The 85018 zip code covers a large area, but much of it is in the Arcadia school district. [mod cut-- no realtor advertising in the forums, review the Terms of Service.]

Last edited by observer53; 02-09-2011 at 04:52 PM..

Old 02-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruler View Post
Everyone seems to have an opinion of what is Arcadia. Arcadia purists call the area north of the canal east of 44th street, south of Camelback and West of 68th street Arcadia (proper), but the name really comes from being in the Arcadia school district which extends well beyond the proper boundaries. Arcadia proper is a great area, but some of the not so proper areas are just as great. The 85018 zip code covers a large area, but much of it is in the Arcadia school district. [mod cut-- no realtor advertising in the forums, review the Terms of Service] .
The OP doesn't want that extended area that the attendance zone for Arcadia High School would include (there is no "Arcadia school district" ). The "proper boundaries" are specifically what he asked about in the first post, and those would be, by most available definitions, canal to Camelback, 44th to 68th, as you stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertspiritsteve View Post
I love Arcadia. I used to hear about the cold air that came down off Camelback mountain into the Arcadia neighborhoods. The orange groves were nice, too. Flood irrigation. Give me a house on Lafayette or Exeter Blvds. any old time.
I grew up there, a block north of Lafayette. Wonderful area, wonderful time to grow up. It's still one of my favorite parts of the Valley. Parts of it look very much the same as they did 50 years ago. You'd never know you were in the middle of a huge city when you are in that neighborhood.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 PM

3,363 posts, read 4,219,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I grew up there, a block north of Lafayette. Wonderful area, wonderful time to grow up. It's still one of my favorite parts of the Valley. Parts of it look very much the same as they did 50 years ago. You'd never know you were in the middle of a huge city when you are in that neighborhood.
Actually, I seem to recall that there are parts of the Los Angeles area which resemble Arcadia with the large homes, citrus trees, and the green lawns. Districts/neighborhoods like these date back to a time when the city was much smaller ... or in some cases, these pristine areas weren't even part of the city when originally developed.

All I know is I'd much rather reside in an older area like Arcadia than some far flung exurban cookie cutter development ... one of the main reasons being the quality of the homes are far superior in these older enclaves than in the newer developments.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 PM

583 posts, read 498,868 times
The boundaries are approximately from 36th Street to the Scottsdale border, and Camelback to Thomas Rd.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 PM

I think we've come full circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area