U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-06-2011, 01:34 AM

1,046 posts, read 2,101,862 times

Advertisements

My sister-in-law and hubby are planning on moving down here and they have asked me questions that I can't answer.

They are looking at a few houses along I-17 between Norterra and Anthem.

What is the deal with the wells in that area? The homes they were looking at had 4-5 homes per well.

I understand that it and sewage is cheaper until you need to dig a new well etc.

Does Phoenix plan on bringing water there someday?

They like the fact that they can have an acre with a home built in the twenty first century for a reasonable price compared to the homes around them.

Last edited by roundball; 02-06-2011 at 01:47 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 01:36 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,813,048 times
Much of that area is unincorporated, although Phoenix has been annexing some of it, so you need to check the county records to see who has jurisdiction. It is not uncommon to see shared wells of 3, 4 or 5 homes per well. Most of the time (buyer needs to verify), there is a shared well agreement that requires owners to pay a small fee (monthly, annually, etc.) toward maintenance of the well (including electricity and occasional testing). This agreement should be recorded with the county so it is public domain.

If the well is fairly recent, it should last a long time. Most of the recently dug wells in that area went down 400+ feet so they should be good. A lot of older shallower wells are now going dry, especially in the summer months.

Generally, wells are pretty maintenance free.

The likelihood of a city bringing in water is remote unless something else stimulates it like a new subdivision or commercial development. When that happens, the developer pays for the infrastructure, so the area homes would have to somehow piggyback onto that.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area