U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 PM

142 posts, read 286,539 times

Advertisements

Ok perhaps the question should have been, can we qualify for a home loan for a purchase in AZ while my both my wife and I are employed full-time, however not in AZ? Can we still lock in a great interest rate? Not sure if this matters, but keep in mind we would be bringing $50-75k to the table for a downpayment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 PM

106 posts, read 153,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorch101 View Post
Ok perhaps the question should have been, can we qualify for a home loan for a purchase in AZ while my both my wife and I are employed full-time, however not in AZ? Can we still lock in a great interest rate? Not sure if this matters, but keep in mind we would be bringing $50-75k to the table for a downpayment.

The answer is YES. With that amount down it does not matter if for lending purposes you have to qualify it as a second home. The unknown answers to the question, in which you would want to qualify with an AZ licensed lender, is your income/debt ratios etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM

278 posts, read 316,447 times
I would put down the minimum needed and invest the rest in stocks and bonds. With the great interest rates on housing you are in a great position.

After 5 or so years, reevaluate your position and how the housing market has trended. Your stock portfolio will more than likely exceeded your gains in your house valuation.

You can always pay more towards your principal instead of making the minimum payment. Pull out your dividends or take the capital gains and make additional payments. But, at this point in the economic recovery, I would just keep reinvesting in the market.

Just my 2 cents...change can be given.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:44 PM

278 posts, read 316,447 times
Just did a check for myself. The market is killing pretty much all real estate in the country.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:49 AM

89 posts, read 103,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need_some_sun View Post
Well, you could purchase the home as a second home if you are still working where you are. You would need to qualify with your current payment and the new one.
I just had to qualify and show 6 months of cash reserves to cover my two mortgages.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 PM

106 posts, read 153,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacubz View Post
I just had to qualify and show 6 months of cash reserves to cover my two mortgages.
Good point. On certain programs on 2nd homes and investment this is standard now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: