Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,422 times

Advertisements

My 2 current roommates and I are planning on moving to Tempe in July, I just have a few questions I was wondering. We are all men ages, 21, 23, and 25. We are all single and smoke marijuana. 1 of us is Brazilian, 1 Guatemalan, and 1 African American . We are all students in different fields. We enjoy tons of activities. Whats it going to be like for us in Tempe? Hows the nightlife? Are people willing to rent a house to males our age or do you think we will have to find an apartment? Anything we should really check out when we get there? Do we need a car as soon as we get there or is it possible to walk to a lot of stuff? We usually stay up really late is anything open all night? Is it easy to meet new people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 PM

156 posts, read 287,184 times
We are all single and smoke marijuana.

TMI...maybe??

Old 03-05-2011, 10:40 PM

156 posts, read 287,184 times
Oh and by the way, you will get plenty of info if you click on the advanced search and type in Tempe. I had alot of questions regarding my move as well (transportation, demographics, housing, etc) and mostly all of them were answered by looking at previous posts.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,422 times
I was saying we are all single because I was wondering about the nightlife, and I was saying we all smoke marijuana because i was wondering about how excepted it is out there. We are from Chicago and its not really frowned upon here. I looked at a lot of posts so i kinda have some of the answers I just wanted a little more info. Thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,658,367 times
Welcome to Tempe. It seems the city of Tempe frowns on anyone that isn't college age or younger. You are welcome by the plethora of poke smokers in Tempe and in the valley for that matter. I can't wait to get out of this home for thieves.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,187,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Welcome to Tempe. It seems the city of Tempe frowns on anyone that isn't college age or younger. You are welcome by the plethora of poke smokers in Tempe and in the valley for that matter. I can't wait to get out of this home for thieves.
The city of Tempe is quite welcoming to people of all ages. In my part of town you'd never know the University is even there. Their strict party ordinance surely isn't aimed at my age group.

Whether you will be able to find a house to rent as opposed to an apartment, I don't know. I don't have much contact with the rental situation here. If you are good neighbors otherwise, the marijuana smell that may waft from your house might be ignored.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:59 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,658,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The city of Tempe is quite welcoming to people of all ages. In my part of town you'd never know the University is even there. Their strict party ordinance surely isn't aimed at my age group.
It's my fault. I made a generalized statement like I did and you made the same. It sounds like the kind of area you are in, is far south Tempe, near Chandler. I am more referring to the area of a 15 minute bicycle ride to downtown Tempe.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,187,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
It's my fault. I made a generalized statement like I did and you made the same. It sounds like the kind of area you are in, is far south Tempe, near Chandler. I am more referring to the area of a 15 minute bicycle ride to downtown Tempe.
If you are talking about the area near downtown, that is where most of the college age people are, but there are other demographics living there, especially south of the campus. (I spend a lot of time in that neighborhood too.)

I specifically referred to south Tempe, you said "the City of Tempe"-- more than a bit broader than my statement. If you are thinking of a specific part of a city in making a post, it's helpful to say so, rather than appearing to overgeneralize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprman4prez View Post
I was saying we are all single because I was wondering about the nightlife, and I was saying we all smoke marijuana because i was wondering about how excepted it is out there. We are from Chicago and its not really frowned upon here. I looked at a lot of posts so i kinda have some of the answers I just wanted a little more info. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieWrecked View Post
I don't really get what you smoking marijuana has to do with this thread, do you require it for medical reasons or are you just in it for the recreational value? If you have questions about what normal prices are or anything in town send me a message.

Anyways, Tempe is a 24/7 town, every night of the week you will find people out walking around mill ave and the college area until sunrise.
Looks like the OP already explained that.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,476,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprman4prez View Post
My 2 current roommates and I are planning on moving to Tempe in July, I just have a few questions I was wondering. We are all men ages, 21, 23, and 25. We are all single and smoke marijuana. 1 of us is Brazilian, 1 Guatemalan, and 1 African American . We are all students in different fields. We enjoy tons of activities. Whats it going to be like for us in Tempe? Hows the nightlife? Are people willing to rent a house to males our age or do you think we will have to find an apartment? Anything we should really check out when we get there? Do we need a car as soon as we get there or is it possible to walk to a lot of stuff? We usually stay up really late is anything open all night? Is it easy to meet new people?
Northern Tempe in the ASU or Mill area would be the location that would suit you best.

Medicinal marijuana was made legal by a slim majority of voters last year but I think it won't be offiical until April. I really don't think you have to worry about police raids if you smoke it recreationally, Tempe isn't all that conservative.

Nightlife is good along Mill and you can walk just about anywhere. Phoenix is a car-driven metropolitan area but northern Tempe is an exception to that rule.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:35 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,484,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieWrecked View Post
Police don't waste their time with small-time dealers and recreational users, there is no money in it.

Any apartment complex in Phoenix has a good majority of people smoking marijuana in it, it's common around here.
IF the cop wanted to be hard about it; posession of even 1 joint IS a felony here in Arizona. Though with the med marijuana law, things may be diferent. Id like to see it legal for all.

I live in Tempe near ASU. Im a 40 yo dude who dont like a lot of noice cause I work early. Ive called the cops on loud partys. They came out and settled things down real fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area