Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,698,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
No, no, and, emphatically, no. Cricket's service has always been marginal. But interesting effort trying to tie everything back to one of your favorite topics, a "declining population." Why not toss in poor air quality, the mortgage crisis, groundwater contamination, roaches, and scorpions while you're at it?
lmao. i love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Any newer thoughts about Cricket? Is the coverage better in Phoenix now? I've been having issues with T-Mobile and recently sent them a letter regarding the concerns I had about service and value. The reply letter stated that customer service didn't deal with technical issues and they informed me when my next bill was due. After receiving this pathetic letter I want to ditch them and I want to scale back. I just want phone: no text or internet. Just the basics. Is Cricket a viable option or are they still poor?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:59 PM

453 posts, read 1,628,369 times
I have cricket and drive all over the valley, hardly ever have problems, plus they now carry the Iphone S. Cant wait to get one.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:41 PM

285 posts, read 904,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Any newer thoughts about Cricket? Is the coverage better in Phoenix now? I've been having issues with T-Mobile and recently sent them a letter regarding the concerns I had about service and value. The reply letter stated that customer service didn't deal with technical issues and they informed me when my next bill was due. After receiving this pathetic letter I want to ditch them and I want to scale back. I just want phone: no text or internet. Just the basics. Is Cricket a viable option or are they still poor?
May I suggest using TraceFone, available at Target. I started using pay as you go to get away from the monthly hassles and contracts. The model I use (Samsung flip) came with a double minutes feature that will 2x my minutes purchased (buy a 60 min card, get 120 minutes; buy 120 minutes, get 240 minutes...) plus the minutes do carry over should you run out of time. You're given 90 days to use the minutes (service is in 90 day increments), but you will NOT lose them. It comes with text and internet capability but if you don't use those features, no big deal, the option is there should you need them. If you find yourself texting or checking email, it will come out of your minutes. Coverage is good. The only drop out I've experienced is when inside a metal building, like a trailer or mobile home.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:32 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I've had Cricket down here in Casa Grande for the last 5 months or so and my phone works better than hubbies on Verizon, he sounds like he's in a fishbowl! Mine is just a stupid phone with unlimited calling and texting for $35 a month. I took it on a trip to MN and had no problems, and several trips up to Camp Verde through Phoenix with no service problems. I also have a tracfone with no problems either.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
If you're someone that dislikes contract's there are plenty of great options out there without having to use Cricket. All can be had for $30-60 a month with no additional costs. Among your choices are the following:

Boost Mobile(piggyback's off the Sprint network-GSM

T-Mobile(piggyback's off...well T-Mobile)-CDMA

Straight Talk(piggyback's off of both ATT and T-Mobile)-CDMA

Virgin Mobile(piggyback's off the Sprint network)-GSM

MetroPCS(piggyback's off the Verizon network)-GSM

Beyond that there's a whole bunch of others from Wal-Mart, Net-10...etc.

I got tired of contract's, went to Google Play, bought their Nexus phone for $350 and went with T-Mobile service. I'm getting great reception all over the valley and paying $60 a month with unlimited voice, texting and up to 2 GB of data per month with no additional fees or any of that. Previously I was spending over $90 a month with Verizon.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 PM

641 posts, read 2,366,491 times
Down here in CG are, my Verizon is also iffy. Lots of dropped calls. My friends with cricket do not have that problem. When the iphone 5 comes out, I am switching to the family plan with cricket.

It just all depends where you live. My Verizon is great when I visit the valley, but I do not do that much.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatrine View Post
Down here in CG are, my Verizon is also iffy. Lots of dropped calls. My friends with cricket do not have that problem. When the iphone 5 comes out, I am switching to the family plan with cricket.

It just all depends where you live. My Verizon is great when I visit the valley, but I do not do that much.

You're going to be waiting quite awhile for the Iphone 5 to hit Cricket. Generally the prepaid carriers get these phones on the backend although I'd watch what Google is doing, they're offering premium, top of the line phones completely unlocked for prepaid users. By November they are supposed to have another 4 or 5 premium unlocked Nexus phones, so definitely something to look out for.

I was never a big fan of the Android OS but with their newest Jellybean update(Android 4.1), it functions smooth as butter and in terms of performance speed is on the same level as Apple's IOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area