Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveytheRabbit View Post
So on a left arrow with a lot of traffic coming from the other way, are you suppose to wait behind the line and not venture out into the intersection? It seems the green arrow will allow the first two cars through and then it quickly changes to the yielding green. Do you venture out to the intersection on the yielding green or stay put behind the line? Or are you suppose to make that determination based on how many cars are coming the opposite direction?

I don't understand this at all because in most other places I've been they give you enough time on the yielding green to allow all through traffic to go and then time for all the left turners to make the turn as well. Should I just treat the second green as a red light and stay put? Because every time I venture out I'm stuck in the middle until I get a red and until the through traffic gets a red and then I quickly get out.

What is the protocol? Always stop on the second green if you think the flow of traffic wont allow you to cross before turning to red?

(Whats the reasoning behind this? I seem to remember these quick green arrows the few times I drove around LA also. Is it because of the larger amounts of traffic here over the smaller cities I'm used to?)
You cant ENTER the intersection on red. If you venture out in green and it turns red while you are waiting to make your left, then you are fine. Just make your turn. Cross traffic must yield to you. OP got a ticket because he ENTERED the intersection (his car crossed the line) AFTER the light turned red. Bad, bad, bad.

What happens a lot is that two cars are already out in the intersection. The light turns and they go. The third car in the line tries to do the same and FLASH. The third car did not have any part of his car past the intersection point. There rarely is enough room for three cars to be in an intersection waiting. If you are the third one, you should stay put unless you are absolutely sure that at least part of your car is past the line. If it is you are OK, otherwise the cam is going to nail you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM

10 posts, read 90,389 times
Either protect yourself with a Red Light Cover or be super cautious and slow down before intersections to anticipate the yellow.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2k1 View Post
Either protect yourself with a Red Light Cover or be super cautious and slow down before intersections to anticipate the yellow.
License plate covers are illegal in AZ. Why not just obey the law and brake on yellow instead of speeding up? The life one saves may be their own.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
OK! Take a deeeeep breath . Now look at some of my sites on red light tickets. They are easy to beat . Just demand of the company that sent you the ticket ( ,most likely it is a private company) a Verified complaint on the ticket ( that's right, a statement from the camera , that's who is saying you went thru the red light ). Important to understand the can't comply with this constitutional demand, ( When was the last time you heard of some one asking legal questions of a camera and getting a response ???) even though they must if they are going to go to court . most time that's the end of it.
Hey! follow this advice to a T. You'll be just fine.

with that said, if you do follow this advice, bring your checkbook.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM

295 posts, read 552,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2k1 View Post
Good and simple advice. Preferably just the later is all you need to protect yourself.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-25-2011 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,330 times
Do you have to be served, as traffic school says, YOU, not your child, for a camera speeding ticket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area